I just had the Femilift yesterday. I know one side effect is light discharge, mine is watery blood. Is this normal?

I had the femi lift yesterday,I know there is no downtime and I read that a light discharge is normal but my discharge seems to be heavier than normal. The discharge is watery blood. Is this normal?

Discharge after FemiLift procedure

It is not uncommon to have discharge (including a pinkish/bloody discharge) after the FemiLift procedure.  It usually resolves within a few days of the procedure. 

West Orange OB/GYN

Vaginal Discharge after Femilift

It is normal and expected to have some watery or bloody discharge after a Femilift procedure. The laser energy causes a very shallow effect on the vaginal lining. This effect is important to stimulate the tissue changes that lead to improvement in vaginal symptoms. The lining of the vagina will likely produce some bloody secretions for a couple of days. This response will resolve quickly. Heavy bleeding is best reported to your doctor. 

Larry D. Gurley, MD
Nashville OB/GYN

Its very normal

Its very normal to have some light discharge after Femlift for a few days, and you should see improvement in the next few days.  No worries.

Nicholas Fogelson, MD
Portland OB/GYN

Slight Watery Discharge is Normal

It is normal for most patients to see a slight watery discharge for a couple days after the treatment. However if this continues, I would contact your provider and get a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Bloody discharge/ watery discharge is normal with healing with Vaginal laser therapy.

All abalative vaginal laser therapies including MonaLisa, FemiLift, Intima and diVa work by creating microinjuires that penetrate the vaginal lining. They then Cause a heat effect in the deeper layer. This creates a inflammatory self healing process which stimulates new collagen, blood vessels and thicker lining( a healthy younger vaginal canal)  some of these Lasers work better than others.

Vaginal bleeding and watery discharge is expected for a few days. If it is heavy painful or concerning contact your provider.

John Hettiarachchi, DO, FACS, FPMRS
Charlotte Urologist

Bleeding after procedure

It would be unusual for the bleeding to be very noticeable after FemiLift.  If it continues, please contact your provider or gynecologist.  Some discharge is fairly common, but should not be obvious bleeding.  There may be something else happening such as an abrasion or tear.  The smooth probe would be unlikely to tear the tissue, but you should be checked if it doesn't resolve soon.  Best of luck and I hope you love the results.

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Watery bleeding after FemiLift

Although we tell patients that a watery discharge is normal, it would not be out of the ordinary if some blood tinged discharge is present.  It could be that a small tear occured or that one area of the vagina was thin and therefore may have bled slightly from the laser.  I had one patient with vaginal atrophy (dryness) who noted this on her first treatment but not on the second or third as the vaginal mucosa was thicker and healthier as one would expect after FemiLift.  Anyway, if it does not clear in a short time just see your doc to check it.  

Dr. ODell

B. Edward O`Dell, MD
Florence Physician

Having watery slight bloody vaginal discharge is very common specially after first treatment. it means your vaginal mucosa has been treated with Co2 laser and now they are falling off and a new tissue is going to regenerate which has more collagen , which in reality it is what you are expecting.

As far as the no down time, it means you will go after your regular daily business, except no vaginal intercourse for 3-5 days depend on your vaginal discharge.

Enjoy the benefit of FemiLift.

Best of health

Eskandar Simhaee, MD
Great Neck OB/GYN

Vaginal bleeding after FemiLift is not normal. See your gynecologist.

FemiLift laser resurfacing shouldn't cause bleeding. See your gynecologist. It is possible that you are bleeding from the uterus, the cervix, or even a vaginal abrasion or laceration. This is neither normal nor expected after FemiLift.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Watery sometimes bloody discharge is normal after FemiLift and MonaLisa Touch

Yes, this is totally normal, but you should be asking this question to your doc (you know, the one you paid...) Post-op care and answering questions are part of the fee... Read the link below for everything about FemiLift.

:) Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA