I just had the Femilift yesterday. I know one side effect is light discharge, mine is watery blood. Is this normal?

I had the femi lift yesterday,I know there is no downtime and I read that a light discharge is normal but my discharge seems to be heavier than normal. The discharge is watery blood. Is this normal?

Watery bleeding after FemiLift

Although we tell patients that a watery discharge is normal, it would not be out of the ordinary if some blood tinged discharge is present.  It could be that a small tear occured or that one area of the vagina was thin and therefore may have bled slightly from the laser.  I had one patient with vaginal atrophy (dryness) who noted this on her first treatment but not on the second or third as the vaginal mucosa was thicker and healthier as one would expect after FemiLift.  Anyway, if it does not clear in a short time just see your doc to check it.  

Dr. ODell

Having watery slight bloody vaginal discharge is very common specially after first treatment. it means your vaginal mucosa has been treated with Co2 laser and now they are falling off and a new tissue is going to regenerate which has more collagen , which in reality it is what you are expecting.

As far as the no down time, it means you will go after your regular daily business, except no vaginal intercourse for 3-5 days depend on your vaginal discharge.

Enjoy the benefit of FemiLift.

Best of health

Vaginal bleeding after FemiLift is not normal. See your gynecologist.

FemiLift laser resurfacing shouldn't cause bleeding. See your gynecologist. It is possible that you are bleeding from the uterus, the cervix, or even a vaginal abrasion or laceration. This is neither normal nor expected after FemiLift.

Watery sometimes bloody discharge is normal after FemiLift and MonaLisa Touch

Yes, this is totally normal, but you should be asking this question to your doc (you know, the one you paid...) Post-op care and answering questions are part of the fee... Read the link below for everything about FemiLift.

:) Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Femilift discharge

Very normal! I find there is a better response when I see a little blood initially. Most discharge symptoms resolve in a few days. Hope you have a great response!

Joi Davis, DO
Pewaukee OB/GYN

Bloody watery discharge following FemiLift treatment...is normal

Hello Micky,

Congrats on your first FemiLift treatment. A watery, sometimes bloody, discharge is a normal occurrence following Laser Vaginal Resurfacing of the vagina.  It should go away over the next 2-3 days.  See latest review on my profile page regarding a woman's experience following her series of FemiLift treatments. 

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist