I want to get an Arm lift & mini tummy tuck. I had lipo on tummy 1 1\2 yrs ago & it's just flabby. Arms' skin just hangs.(photo)

I am 55, 5'3",143 lbs, i had all lymph nodes removed on right armpit due to breast cancer, does this out me at risk?I have two reconstructed breasts, free and clear of cancer but concerned about healing of the arm. Also do you recommend doing both surgeries at same time?thanks!

Thank you for your question and pictures, I believe you would benefit from both procedures,you would need to be cleared from your oncologist first. Please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Combining procedures

This is commonly done. You will need to be seen in person to determine what can be done safely. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery and body contouring surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #armlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

TT and arm lift

Based on your photos you would benefit from both procedures. It needs to be checked with your oncologist how safe it may be to have arm lift; most likely it would be quite safe if you are 5 years disease free. Regarding TT it looks that liposuction and regular, rather then mini TT, would be your option. Both procedures can be done in the same time if you are healthy.

You should schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Armlift and Tummy Tuck

Based on your pictures, you look like a good candidate for an arm lift and tummy tuck.  However, I would suggest that you set up a consultation to review your options.  Some patients do the surgery at the same time and others stage the procedures and do at different times.  You need to think about your healing and recovery and how much help you will have.  Certainly after having a tummy tuck, having full use of your arms is beneficial for getting out of bed and moving around.  

As for the previous breast cancer surgery affecting the healing of your arms, there is a possibility of lymphedema.  Do you have swelling issues now?

For the tummy tuck, most patients are better candidates for a full tummy tuck - from what I see in the pictures it appears that might be the best choice for you.  

Good luck

David Shafer, MD

Tummy tuck and arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  In regards to the arm lift, I have performed this surgery in mastectomy patients before with good results.  An examination would be very helpful. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Minituck and brachioplasty

You are a candidate for the abdominal surgery. The photo has its limitations and I do wonder if you need work above the umbilicus in more of a full abdominoplasty. In terms of the arms, I have misgivings. You would greatly benefit from brachioplasty but one has to be concerned about the development of lymphedema post mastectomy which can, unfortunately, develop at any time.  An examination would be necessary as well as discussion with your breast surgeon prior to making a determination.
Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS
Yale Educated Board Certified Plastic Surgeon