How many hours will surgery take?

Hello, How long does tt surgery take and how much longer would it take for breast lift? Also I can get very sick coming out of surgery. Is there any way to prevent nausea for this procedure? I have had my adrenal gland out and had Breast surgery recently and I was fine but when I had my children in the past via c-section I was vomiting for hours.

Surgery Time for TT and Breast Lift

As a rule a full tummy tuck with repair of your muscles can take 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the degree of work that needs to be done.  Mini TT can be significantly less as there is little undermining of your abdominal wall and no muscle work.   A breast lift also takes about 1.5 hours to 2 hours.   Large breasts may require the longer time as there is more tailoring of tissue and thus more sewing

Length of a tummy tuck with breast lift

Hello and thank you for reaching out. There are many factors that can contribute to the surgical time of a tummy tuck with the addition of a breast lift, how large or small the patient is, if they have a hernia, etc. On average, about 4 hours is the time it will take for the stomach portion alone, and then add another 3 or so hours for the breast lift. Those approximations are while the my hands are moving-so that does not include prepping or draping or any other pre op or post operative measures that have to be taken. Consult your surgeon about your concerns about post op vomiting, and I'm sure they have preventative measures that are part of their normal protocol. Best Wishes. 

Surgical time and post operative nausea

Dear MamaMias,

The surgical time required to do an abdominoplasty and breast lift will depend on your body frame (petite vs full-figured) and the surgeon’s skill. You should expect surgery to last 3 to 5 hours for the combined procedure. The anesthesia technique and medications chosen will play more of a role in managing post-operative nausea rather than the time required for surgery. (Although, some centers may use less expensive agents during longer procedures as a cost saving measure, and that could lead to more nausea.) If everyone has the same goal in mind (a great result with an excellent recovery), you should do well – but don’t expect to get that with the lowest cost provider!

How long does a mommy makeover take?

The length of a mommy makeover depends upon the operations involved, the size the patient, and the efficiency of the surgeon. Postop nausea is a definite possibility and is more likely with longer operation but there are very good regimens to minimize this is a postoperative problem.

Mommy Makeover- How many hours will surgery take

Thank you for your question. A combination of procedures can take approximately 5-6 hours. Medications are available for nausea however, this is something you should discuss with both a board certified plastic surgeon as well as a board certified anesthesiologist. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - How long does it take?

Thank you for your question. Tummy tuck surgery takes approximately three hours and a breast lift takes around 2 hours. Please express your post op nausea concerns to both your surgeon and anesthesiologist prior to your procedure. There are excellent ways to prevent this using a combination of medications. You will also need medical clearance from your primary care physician to make sure you are healthy enough to undergo general anesthesia. 

Please have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast and body contouring procedures. Hope this helps and good luck.

Mommy Makeover / Tummy Tuck / Liposuction / Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants

I appreciate your question.

Each surgery can take up to 2-3 there hours.  There are medications to help with the nausea.  Discuss with your surgeon and anesthesiologist.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Tummy tuck & Breast lift

Generally, each surgery will take about 2-3 hours. And there are a number of different medications available today to deal with nausea. Make sure to discuss your past issues with your surgeon. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Prevention of nausea and vomiting

Thorough attention can be given to your PONV concerns. Nausea is preventable by blocking the nausea centers in the brain with meds, keeping your body warm during surgery, and minimizing the use of narcotics after surgery. Ask you doctor to go over his/her plan with you.

Let us know if this is helpful.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Surgery length and dealing with nausea

A Tummytuck takes 2-3 hours and breast lift takes 2-3 hours on average and there are many medications now used to successfully prevent nausea and vomiting after surgery. Speak with your surgeon prior and describe your concerns so anesthesiologist can be made aware ahead of time. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD