I have alot of pain with extraction and bone grafting why?

I had a front/side upper tooth removed and the area prepared for implant with bone preservation. I have 5 stitches. I've had a lot of swelling and pain. Tylenol 3 or advil not completely effective. Why so much pain. The procedure was done Wednesday mor nine. It is now sunday morning with still swelling and alot of pain why?

Discomfort after extraction

Depending upon how traumatic the extraction was, it's entirely possible to have some degree of discomfort and swelling. If you believe that the discomfort and or swelling has gotten worse after the third day, then I would suggest contacting your surgeon so they can take a look to make certain that there is not a problem. I hope you found this information to be helpful, Dr. Champagne