Liposuction of stomach area.

How close to the vagina can the doctor go when doing lipo on the stomach?

Liposuction of stomach area.

Hi. I would imagine that your question refers to the pubic region rather than the actual vagina. A skilled surgeon can get extremely close to the pubic region and suction the mons pubis. This is the area over the pubic bone. IIMHO suction should not go lower than the superior portion of the labia majora or cliteral hood. I hope this answers your question. Good luck.

dr. PG

Liposuction - how close to the vagina?

Thank you for asking about your stomach liposuction.

• Liposuction of the stomach will be nowhere near your vagina.
  • But at times bruising from stomach liposuction will move down to the vaginal area.
  • However if you means the mons pubic (the area just below the stomach), that can be treated with liposuction at the time of stomach liposuction - but you need to discuss having this done with your surgeon.
  • There is usually an extra fee.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction of the tummy

Liposuction of the tummy does not extend to the vaginal area. However, after liposuction of the tummy swelling and bruising can appear in the genital area because of gravity shifting the swelling down. This is temporary, resolving in a couple of weeks, and has no consequences.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Stomach and Mons

When you have your consultation you should discuss with your BC PS the areas you are interested in. If you want your mons pubis area evaluated you should have it examined. Liposuction will not extend lower than that or be anywhere near your vagina. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Privates

Liposuction is performed AFTER you and your surgeon discuss and agree on what areas would be treated AND how aggressively they would be liposuctioned. We commonly perform liposuction of the tummy and the pubic mound to reduce them in a harmonious fashion BUT this is done in consultation with you. You should discuss ALL your wishes and concerns with your Plastic surgeons and together come up with a pland that must closely suits your goals.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Lipo of the mons pubis

If you are asking if the mons pubis can be suctioned, then I will say yes it can.  I do this for many patients that require it.

When liposuction of the abdomen is performed, I sometimes will suction the mons pubis area, which is the sometimes fatty pubic area above the opening to the vagina.  The vagina itself would not be suctioned.  

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon