I am 71 years old; I have a 8 inch diastasis recti in my abdomen. Should I be concerned with the pain?

I feel pressure constanly all the time. I am schedule for surgery in two months. Should I be concern with the pain.

Pain?

Thank you for your question! If you are in any discomfort, I advise you to visit your doctor prior to your surgery.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

It depends on your degree of pain

If you do not feel terribly pain, you can go on your normal surgical schedule. However, if you feel really painful, I would recommend you do to see the doctor prior to the surgery to check if you have any problem with your internal organ.

Make sure no other problems before surgery

I would make sure you have had proper diagnostic work up to make sure there are no other causes of this feeling such as cancer. Diastasis recti is usually not painful you may have a true hernia as well. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question about Male Tummy Tuck.

In general, the perception of pain is more severe at a young age.  As we age, pain is generally more well tolerated.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS