Do I have to wait 3 weeks if it was clear the pads were not placed in the designated area?

CoolSculpting done on my back, was to be below bra band, the tech I consult with would place "pad" parallel not horizontal. At my appt time, my tech was sick, so diff tech did it. When both sides were finished marks showed the pad placed horizontally, I said that my treatment plan was place them parallel, AND the pads were place 4" above the areas to be treated! I told her I am concerned that I wont see the results, she said wait 3 weeks -3 months and come back for another if needed.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It can be done in the same areas next to each other to treat larger areas.
However, it would be best to discuss with the doctor

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Re-treating overlap area with coolsculpting for bra fat

Coolsculpting is a great procedure for bra fat.  If you are going to overlap a previously treated area I would recommend waiting 4 months to assess the area before re-treament.

CoolSculpting re-treatment

If you are treating a different area or treating with a small overlap to an already treated area, you don't need to wait. But you DO need to wait to treat on top of an area just treated. "Stacked" treatments for the same area are only used when you've waited at least 2 months.

Many patients require multiple treatments if they have larger areas to treat or of a heavier BMI. A slight overlap is permitted on the same day, but treatments on top of one another require that wait period. Often patients come back 2 or 3 months later to get additional reduction.

Picking the right applicator also matters. There are currently 5 different CoolSculpting applicators (pads) that are designed to treat different body areas. 

Back and bra fat are treated by a number of practices but are technically off label.

Some other body areas have nerves too close to the skin, so until we see new studies and applicators, the under chin and under arm area are not candidate areas for CoolSculpting.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Coolsculpting Results

These take 3-6 months for improvement, if you are conerned to speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Do I have to wait 3 weeks...

Thank you for your question. It is always best to discuss your treatment with the medical professional who performed the procedure. Or consider obtaining your treatment records and schedule a consultation to discuss possible options. 

Sincerely yours, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting treatments

Hello, and thank you for this question. I am sorry you are having problems following your  procedure. However, I would recommend you wait approximately 2-3 months to see what the final results are. You certainly can have the other areas retrieving.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss

This sounds very frustrating.  Communication is key if you don't see the results.  Cool sculpting definitely works so keep your follow up and get the areas treated that you are concerned with in the future.

Is 3 weeks time needed to wait before treating again with CoolSculpting?

It is a bit difficult to give you the best advice without examining you or knowing the details of your CoolSculpting treatment.  It is true that soonest that you might see results would be about 3 weeks but it can take 3-4 months to see the full effect.  If you were treating a different location than was treated the first time, there would be no need to wait 3 weeks for the treatment.  If you were going to be treated to the same area or parts of that area that were initially treated, then it would make sense to wait at least 3 weeks or longer.  I normally wait about 2 months before re-treating an area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon