Is it possible that my septum is deviated again after surgery? (Photos)

I recently had septorhinoplasty & when my cast came off I noticed a marking/bump that could only be noticed from the front. I told my surgeon about it, and was told it was swelling & would go down in a matter of time, but a few weeks have passed and the majority of swelling is gone but the bump is still there. I'm really concerned that my septum is deviated again / not healing properly.does it look like my septum or swelling? It's only the right side of nose, and can only be seen from the front.

It's Unlikely That Your Septum Is Deviated Again. Be As Patient As You Can

2 points.  The first is that the swelling your pointing to in the picture could absolutely take 6-9 months to completely go away.  It is so soon after your surgery that I would try not to worry too much about what is going on and give things time to improve on their own. Secondly, the area you have identified in the picture is not your septum but is a part of the nasal dorsum.  I only point this out so that when you have a conversation with your surgeon about it you can be sure that both of are talking about the same thing. Make an appointment to see your surgeon about this at regular intervals.  Have them take pictures each time so that you can actually see improvement from visit to visit.  Good luck.

Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my septum deviated?

Thank you for your question. Share your concerns with your surgeon however understand that it takes 6-9 months for the nose to completely heal following surgery. It's important to reserve judgement until the majority of the swelling has resolved.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after surgery

It is difficult to tell at this point if this bump is swelling or structural.  You are very early in the post operative phase and swelling is still very apparent.  This should settle over time.  Final results can take up to 6-12 months to become apparent as the swelling subsides.  Try to be patient during this time.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Septorhionplasty recovery

You are very early in your post-operative recovery period, and swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. Certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Donald B. Yoo, MD