Odd bump on incision after breast reduction. Concerned it is an infection or is not healing well/proper? (Photos)

I am about 3 1/2 weeks post op breast reduction. Yesterday I noticed under my right breast at the very end of the incision line there was a small bump. It is not red, or irritated. But I am worried it will heal this way. Should I be concerned? Is there anyway I can reverse so it lies down properly? What did I do to cause it to puff up? Please help!

Abnormal scar after breast reduction

Hello and thank you for the question. Given the timeline of the presentation ( that being only 3 1/2 weeks out from surgery), this is likely skin bunching and/or swelling, which will more than likely resolve over time. It does not look infected. I recommend keeping an eye on it and bring it to the attention of your surgeon during your next visit. If it does not resolve after a years time, a simple scar revision would correct the issue.Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Abnormal scar after breast reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Odd bump on incision after breast reduction

Thank you for your question and it is too early to tell how you are going to heal.  I would recommend you start using scar creams or silicon sheeting for six months.  After six months if a revision is needed your surgeon can do this under local.  I would keep in contact with him or her so any other treatments that maybe needed can be done during the healing period.  I would encourage you to have patients and follow your doctors recommendations.

Bump on incision

Good Afternoon, thank you for your question and pictures. I recommend you to see your board certified surgeon in order to evaluate you, It doesn't see infected, however it's a possibility as well as a possible suture protrusion, this can usually be treated with topical antibiotics and observation. I'm sure your surgeon can help you.

Bump on incision