How long do I need to wait in between a (TT w/ BBL) and a (BL w/ BA), and which one should I have done first?

I am planning on getting a Tummy Tuck and BBL at the same time and am also wanting to get a Breast Lift w/ implants at another time with a different doctor. I would like to get these surgeries done as close together as safely possible. Which of these should I get done first and how soon can I get the next procedure done?

Mommy make-over..staging the procedures

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • The order of surgery is up to you but my preference would be to do the breast surgery first -
  • Your recovery is likely to be faster -
  • You may be able to have the tummy tuck and BBL as early as 6 weeks later.
  • If you have the tummy tuck and BBL first, you will be more tired and are very likely to want to wait at least 3 and maybe  6 months before having more surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Timing of surgery

Thank you for your question. I would agree with dividing the two procedures, regardless if using two different surgeons. I typically would suggest 6 weeks or more between them. I think you could choose either surgery to do first, depending on your wishes. I would plan for more recovery time w/ the tummy tuck/BBL components. Best wishes... you will look great!

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Times and Scheduling Multiple Procedures

Healing after the  #tummytuck will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  No lifting or straining.  At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks.You will want to make sure that you have at least had all of the healing tape removed and that incisions and scars are healing healthily before going into surgery for your breast lift with augmentation. The areas are close together an there should hopefully be no reason for anything to stretch the other. Please always remember that with the mommy makeover there are many doctors out there who will complete these procedures at the same time, making this procedure much easier and more efficient.

Multiple procedures

The order of the procedure is up to you. Remember that during the recovery from a TT/BBL you will be limited to a side-to-side position for several weeks. Before having your breast surgery (where you will be lying on your back in recovery) I would wait at least three months. Discuss this in more detail with both of your surgeons.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Separating Tummy Tuck/BBL and Breast Lift Surgeries

Congratulations on your choice of separating the two procedures.  IMO that reduces the risk of DVT and PE from making the tummy tuck anesthesia too long when they are combined.  If you have the luxury of separating the procedures I think that 4-6 weeks is sensible to ease your recovery.  The minimal time I'd otherwise recommend would be two weeks.  You might also consider starting some Iron supplements (OTC) to build up stores before your first surgery.Good luck and enjoy your results.
Jon A. Perlman MD FACSDiplomate, Am. Bd. of Plastic SurgeryBeverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Choosing the correct procedures

Good morning and thank you for your questions. The procedures you have mentioned are commonly performed and are fairly routine with minimal side effects providing you are otherwise healthy. However, they affect opposite sides of your body which can be a deciding factor for you. Please make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who has great experience with doing these procedures. They will then advise you on how to best proceed after an in person examination is done.Best of luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!