How long should I wait????

I am unhappy with the size of my breast augmentation, just the size, the surgeon was wonderful. I was a small chested girl to begin with so I understand why the end result wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. I am only one week post op, so I know it'll take a while for them to settle and heal before I can see my real end result. However, if afterward I'm still not satisfied, how long will I have to wait until I can get a second augmentation to finally reach my desired size?

How long should I wait for revisionary breast surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. There  are no absolute rules when it comes to timing for revision breast surgery. Generally, I suggest patients wait somewhere between six months to one year before evaluating the final outcome of the procedure performed and determining whether or not they wish to upsize.If so, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. 
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

How long should I wait to revise implant size?

Your healing has just begun and your ultimate appearance is many months away. Size increases are best discussed well after the surgical sites are well healed and the expected position and shapes have been achieved.
6-9 months or more would be a prudent waiting period..  Your plastic surgeon could then re-examine you to determine whether you are a good candidate for a larger implant.  This decision is influenced not just by your size expectations but also by the quality of the soft tissues covering your original implants.  Over-augmentation at a second surgery can create very thin breast coverage for your implants with increased palpable or visible rippling.
You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your follow-up appointments.
Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

How long should I wait to redo breast implants

Thank you for your question. Usually we ask for to wait about 6-9 months. Please talk to your surgeon who can guide you according to how you are healing.

2nd opinion

Hello, your posting didn't mention how long after surgery at this point.  Generally I suggest to my own patients to wait at least 4-6 months before considering any additional surgery because it takes quite a bit of time for the breast implants to completely settle and for the final shape to become apparent.