Is downsizing both profile and diameter a complicated procedure? (photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Is downsizing both profile and diameter a complicated procedure?
Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination and how much smaller of a breast implant is used; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery, specifically downsizing breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.
#BreastImplantRevision - both profile and diameter
Breast implant revision or removal?
- I am sorry you have had such a disappointing result.
- A 400 cc implant is very large for a woman of 130 pounds.
- High profile implants do stick out - they are designed to give volume on a small chest.
- You could have a pretty result with a much smaller implant and a revision of the pocket to keep the new implant centered on the chest and away from the side.
- A round moderate plus implant in the 280 - 320 range is a reasonable place to start.
- But the decision requires measurements, sizers and a thoughtful discussion of implant size with your surgeon to be sure the new implant suits you and your life.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.