Is downsizing from 400cc HP simple procedure? (photos)

I got 400 cc silicone HP implants a year ago.I'm 130 lbs 37 yrs old and was a 34 AAA athletic built. Now I'm a D-DD cup! I have a very active life style (boxing and weight lift) and did not want to have 2 big grapefruit on my chest. I have tried communicating with my surgeon but he tells me they look great and doesn't want to consider downsizing. I feel my surgeon did a good job they are just too big for what I wanted and my lifestyle. Is downsizing a good option for me?

Is downsizing from 400cc HP simple procedure?

If it is bothersome to you then down sizing can be a good option for you. Speak with your chosen surgeon to address your concerns and questions. 

Regards, 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards, 

Be careful

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. You had a great job done. Going down in implants size is a very easy and quick procedure but even with small implants I would reconsider boxing since continuous trauma might cause seroma, bleeding or lead to capsular contracture because of inflammation.

Dr. Milla

Be careful

Dr. Milla

Downsizing

Ultimately you have to carry the implants on your chest so I would not go by what the surgeon recommends for size but concentrate more on what you would want to have. Otherwise, your result look great.

Downsizing

It certainly is very worthwhile

Present size does not go with your body image and lifestyle. That alone is a good reason to downsize. Operation is easy and straight forwards. I will do it in a heartbeat. 

It certainly is very worthwhile

Breast augmentation - implants too big!

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• With all due respect to your surgeon, if you feel your implants are too big for you - they are.
  • He may not have understood how important this is to you.
  • Yes, downsizing is a very reasonable option.
  • Choose the new size with care - check out implants in the low 300 - high 200 range.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation - implants too big!

Decreasing in size of breast implants is not a difficult procedure.

Exchanging larger implants for smaller in your case would not be a difficult procedure. However you do appear to have an excellent result and would put this at least in some jeopardy by doing a revision of any kind.

Implant exchange

Thank you for posting your photos and question. I'm sorry that you are not happy with the size of your implants. You have a very nice result but your decision needs to be based on how the size of your implants affects your daily life. Swapping out your implants for smaller implants is possible and I suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with implants exchange/ downsizing to discuss your desired results.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

I would like to be smaller

If you are dissatisfied with the size of your breasts, downsizing the implant is certainly an option. Your breasts appear to otherwise have good shape and skin quality, so likely a simple implant exchange can accomplish your goals. I would suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so an exam be performed, your goals discussed in more detail, and formal recommendations be made. Good luck!

Bryan Correa, MD

I would like to be smaller

Bryan Correa, MD

Sizing

What your surgeon thinks, for the most part, about how you look, is irrelevant. 

It it certainly is possible to go smaller. It probably should not only be smaller in volume, but also a lower projection implant. 

Going to a shaped implant is prob not a good idea, as the pocket for a shaped implant needs a 'tight' fit around the implant, and achieving that now after a smooth round implant, is not possible. This puts you at significant risk for rotation of the implant. 

Best.

Sizing

Best.

Breast Augmentation - Can I Downsize?

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear of your post-operative concerns. If you feel your implants are too large for your active lifestyle, there is nothing at all wrong with downsizing.  I would consider exchanging your implants to smaller tear drop shape for a more natural appearance. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck.

Breast Augmentation - Can I Downsize?