What can be done for chronic, heavy head, face and neck sweating?

I have had this condition for a long time but it keeps getting worse. Tried medication (proponal?) but meds don't work. Have to carry several wads of paper towels around in case I start sweating.

Sweating -- Botox for hands/feet/face/armpit, thermidry, miradry, surgery

Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating can be controlled with Botox or clycopyrolate. Multiple areas may require nervous system surgical treatment.  Please see an expert for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

It might be wise to see an endocrinologist to rule out any underlying hormonal issue and perhaps recommend treatment.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

INFINI for hyperhidrosis

I have had good success with INFINI treatments for underarm hyperhidrosis.  The concept is the treatment permanently damages the sweat glands.

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Hyperhidrosis Treatment

There are other options than Propranolol (which, I presume is what you have mentioned), for managing sweating. Also, Botulinum toxin is a good option for sweating over the scalp. For the face and the neck, it may be good to be more cautious, or try lower doses - due to the possibility of asymmetry, muscle weakness with BTX treatments of the face. But before you start any treatment, make sure to uindergo a proper medical evaluation, to rule out any secondary causes of excessive sweating.Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your excessive sweating.  Depending on the areas of the face and neck you may be an excellent candidate for Botox treatment to help stem the sweating to a more tolerable level. As this requires careful injection placement, see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

Treating hyperhidrosis of face, neck, scalp

This can be treated with the Infini I believe. I would say a couple treatments are needed at least. I think this can offer improvement, maybe not complete relief. I have much success in using this on the underarm area.

Steven F. Weiner, MD