Did my lift and augmentation go wrong? (Photo)

11 wks post op. Under muscle, supposedly had a "lift" and implants. 300CC silicone. I am horrified. Breasts are sagging MORE than prior to my surgery. but my breasts were sagging, Now I have 2 implants, uneven in my chest, and 2 more saggy breasts below them and my nipples are still pointing south. PS has sort of agreed I need a revision but thinks "if" the implants drop it will look better?!?!? She also said she doubts they will drop but thinks I need to wait 6 months. I don't think I need to wait.

Mastopexy with augmentation results and issues

Thank you for this question and for posting your photographs. I understand that you have had a breast lift and augmentation procedure. 
On perusing the photographs I appreciate that the breasts are still sitting low and the implant is higher up. 
You are so called ' low breasted' making any lift procedure complicated to getting a satisfactory result.
I would wait for at least 6months before any revisional surgery otherwise there could be significant issues with the previous scarring.
Revisional surgery is not straightforward but will be necessary if this current result persists.
In the meantime please wear a sports bra and manage your scars intensively so as to give the best support possible.
I wish you luck in this journey to getting the desired result.

Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift results

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the results of your recent surgery.  It seems highly likely that you will require breast revision surgery.  Its usually best to wait six months or so to allow the breasts to recover and for the implants to drop and settle so you can determine your final result and starting place for revision.  Your photos show that your implants are sitting high relative to your nipple height and breast tissue.   You should discuss your options with your plastic surgeon.

Did my lift and augment................

from these photographs it would appear that there is a discrepancy in the position of the breast implant in relationship to the nipple. However lots happen in the 1st few months after surgery and you should really consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon to see if there are other issues happening that can be rectified easily.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Sue,
  Thank you for submitting your pictures and sorry for your troubles. From observing your pictures, you appear to have severe ptosis (level 3) and capsule contracture at least on the left breast.
  Your result is obviously unacceptable .
   Did you do your due diligence before surgery ? Did you see similar cases to yours,  in your surgeon's photo gallery ? 
 Even though you did not submit you pre operative pictures , I am  convinced that your situation was quite challenging. Not all surgeons are able to handle such complex surgery in one setting.
 You have to have a straight forward discussion with your surgeon about her ability to make it right. If you have your doubts, consult with other experienced board certified plastic surgeons who are very experienced with redo breasts augmentation with full lift. Make sure to check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery and validate the attractive results.  
      In addition to the redo full lift procedure , you will need also capsulotomy(scar release) or capsulectomy(scar excision)  . 3 months after surgery is the earliest that I will operate on capsule contracture, due to the intense inflammatory process of the scar tissue. If you can wait longer(i know it's tough) , it will be helpful to your surgeon.
                              Dr Widder

Looks to me like you will require a revision. Timing and exact procedure should be determined by your own surgeon.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a revision breast lift ?

Hello Sue,

Thank you for your question and photos. I agree with other reviewers, it's likely that you will need revision but I would wait 6 months from the original surgery to determine the extent of it.

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

Pre-operative photos would be helpful and an in person exam will be needed to determine your options. At this point, it is too early to tell if you will need a revision but judging by the nipple position and location of your implants, you may need revision surgery. However, I suggest that you wait a full 6 months (post-op) before moving forward with a decision to have surgery since your breasts can continue to change until that point.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thanks for your question and for the photos.

It is early to decide where your breasts will settle, but at 11 weeks it appears you may require a revision surgery.  The nipple/areolar height is too low and the implants appear to be high with your breast tissue hanging over the implants.  A physical exam is necessary to determine if this is the case.  Pre-op photos would also aid in diagnosing what is going on.

Best of luck

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

If you recently had them done, then I would wait a full six months from your original surgery before doing any sort of revision.  The implants still look a bit high, but your breasts still look low as well. It would be nice to see preops.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
For the pictures I can say that probably you'll need a breast revision but now its early to talk about final results.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD