Young with asymmetrical eyes; are there any procedures that could help? (Photos)

At 25 years young, it's upsetting to see how over the past few years my right eyes has become more asymmetrical. Both the eyelid and brow ptosis fluctuate signifcantly, and the outer corner/lateral canthus looks dented and very hollow. The eye is clearly slanting downward and it can feel very uncomfortable from the drooping/hollow feeling. Its making my midface look very droopy. Are there any procedures that could help? Could this be a disease manifesting or early aging?

Doctor Answers 3

Brow Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. You would be a candidate for a brow lift. I was one of the pioneers for endoscopic Brow Lift. I've lectured nationally and internationally on the subject. This is a great operation. One makes small incisions. A tv camera is inserted. The surgery is performed while watching television. Pain and recovery are minimal when compared to traditional technique. A non surgical technique to elevate your brows involves using Botox. This takes a few minutes to do. Botox is temporary. It lasts on the average, three months. For more information please watch the enclosed video and I hope you find this helpful. 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi ahile02, 

Thanks for the question and photos. Based on your pictures, I can appreciate some intermittent brow ptosis on the left and some hollowness of your lower lids. The brow ptosis can be address with a cosmetic brow ptosis repair procedure. With age (and exercise), the fat in the lower lids can atrophy and cause a hollowness of the lower lids. Filler may be a reasonable option for you to try to address that issue. 

I would seek out a consultation with a skilled oculoplastic surgeon in your area. Good luck!

Young with asymmetrical eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are various causes of eye asymmetry. See following video. Treatment may be possible, based on the cause. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.