Thermitight on a thin face for jowls?

I have a long thin face with mild to moderate jowls. Would thermatight eliminate or reduce them? Thank you.

ThermiTight and Jowls

Thermi Tight can help tighten both the neck and jowls.  It may not completely eliminate yours. You may need filler down the road, but I recommend waiting 6 months after the ThermiTight.

Westborough Ophthalmologist

ThermiTight for jowls

Thank you for your question. Without first seeing a picture of you, it would be impossible to determine if you would be a good candidate for ThermiTight. Prominent jowling can be due to excess skin laxity, excess fat or volume, or a combination of both. The ThermiTight procedure can be an excellent choice if the issue is primarily one of skin laxity.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

ThermiTight for jowls

Thanks for your question. ThermiTight™ is an FDA-cleared aesthetic procedure which delivers controlled thermal energy under the skin to reverse the effects of aging. ThermiTight, a non-surgical and micro-invasive treatment, is ideal for patients who want fast, long lasting, and natural results with little to no downtime. This procedure works great for face and neck tightening.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

ThermiTight on a thin face

Thermitight can be a solution for you to tighten the skin around this area and make the jowls less noticeable. A thin skinned patient with minimal excess fat makes you the ideal candidate.  Schedule a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment course for you. Best of luck.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin / Jowl Laxity-- VASER/ThermiRF/SmartLipo, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella

Without photos there is no way for us to know if you are a good candidate.  I treat this everyday in my practice. You may be a surgical candidate but you do not need surgery for improvement. Properly performed liposuction with energy based devices (VASER or ThermiRF or both together)  and physical fat removal will do fantastic to remove the fat, lift the skin, and contour the jawline. I pretreat everyone with Botox 1-2 weeks before surgery to relax the neck muscles, allowing for better retraction of the skin after surgery. Then after treatment we do skin tightening with Venus Legacy to improve the results and decrease the neck swelling. I suggest you only see an expert for treatment of this area as a meticulous surgeon is required to get great results and complications in this area can be devastating both medically and cosmetically. A new medication that is used to remove chin fat with injections called Kybella may also be an option, as it secondarily allows for skin tightening/lifting as well. A formal consultation is needed to determine what are the best options for you. Best, Dr. Emer. 

ThermiTight for Jowls on a Thin Face

Hello and thanks for your question. Without seeing your pictures it's hard to say whether the ThermiTight would be an appropriate treatment for you. In general, though, it is an excellent treatment to lift and tighten the loose skin responsible for the jowls as well as melting any fat in the area. For a more appropriate assessment I would recommend an in-person consultation and evaluation with an experienced ThermiTight provider as in untrained hands there is a risk of nerve damage with treatment of the jowls. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Thermitight for correction of jowl deformity

Thermitight is an exciting use of radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin and supporting ligaments as well as reducing fat.  Jowls are simply excess sagging skin and stretched ligaments.  It is possible that Thermitight might be useful, however keep in mind that there are several disadvantages.  One of the major disadvantages is that there is a major nerve very near the area of the jowl which could be affected by the Thermitight.  You need a frank discussion with someone who has used this exceptional treatment many times.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Sagging jowls

Thank you for your question. Since you did not submit a photo, I cannot really tell how your jowls look. I currently use 2 procedures for sagging jowls. ThermiTight and the new Silhouette instaLift. The ThermiRF device used in the ThermiTight procedure delivers controlled thermal energy into your treated areas. The radio frequency energy gets sent into your tissues which stimulate collagen to tighten the skin. The main purpose of the procedure is to tighten your skin. The energy used encourages natural collagen and elastin development. Silhouette InstaLift is a great minimally invasive procedure to help you lift your jowls. The procedure will re-contour your face for a more naturally youthful appearance. During the procedure we insert a small dissolvable thread into your treatment area. The cones on the thread push upward and back to help lift your jowls. Most patients need between 2-3 treatments for optimal results. This procedure also helps encourage natural collagen and elastin development.  If you are interested in any of the above treatments, please schedule a consultation with a qualified physician. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

ThermiTight for tightening faces, cheeks and jowls vs. volume in my NYC practice

Some patients need volume replacement to eliminate the voids created by natural loss of deep fat in the face.  This fat can support the lower cheek and when the fat dissolves, the jowls can start to sag.  If there is very scant amount of fat, then, even if ThermiTight were used to lift the jowls and cheeks, and yes this can occur, it doesn't mean that the result would appear very pleasing unless fillers were used (such as Voluma, Juvederm, fat injections, etc.) Every patient needs to be evaluated separately to determine how much of their descended facial skin could be tightened and lifted with ThermiTight, and what the appearance would be without supplemental volume augmentation. That is why some patients who undergo plastic surgical facelifts get fat injections at the same time. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon