Suggested Procedure for Loose Stomach Skin? (photos)

is there anyway i can have a tight stomach without going under the knife? i'm 35 years old a mother of 4 chidren

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. From your pictures, it does not appear that you have lost much elasticity in your skin, but there is laxity in your abdominal muscles. Exercising the abdominal muscles will help you to strengthen this area, and therefore achieve a flatter stomach. However, only an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will give you a tight stomach. My suggestion is for you to schedule a consultation appointment with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. At this time, he/she can further discuss your situation and all of the options for correction.

Undoubtedly in my modest  opinion you need to tighten your  abdominal muscles with a Tummy Tuck and remove excess skin on the abdomen. Both thins are important to correct your condition.

The "tightening" (plication) of the muscles  is most important to correct  the prominence of your abdomen that  your lateral photo shows.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Tummy tuck

I agree with the opinion that a tummy tuck is your best options.  Luckily you do not need the muscles tightened so your recovery will be easier and faster. 

Tight tummy

yOU COULD TRY AND DO SOME ABDOMINAL EXERCISES TO STRENGTHEN YOUR ABDOMINAL MUSCLES.tHIS WOULD TEND TO FLATTEN YOUR TUMMY.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Suggested Procedure for Loose Stomach Skin?

I don't think so. Based on your photos, and your history of multiple pregnancies- the best way to remove your excess skin will be an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)- it will also tighten your muscles and give you the most PERMANENT result- unlike any of the "non-surgical" treatments . I'm constantly amazed at how much excess skin there is in women's abdomen who have had multiple pregnancies.

You could try CoolSculpt option but only a 14 to 25% improvement in this non surgical option. Or Thermal could also slightly improve. 

Loose skin after pregnancies

The best way to improve the appearance of your abdomen will be to undergo a tummy tuck.  The four pregnancies that you have had has resulted in stretched skin that has lost its elasticity and likely also loose abdominal wall.  There is currently no technology that can remove stretch marks or reverse loss of skin elasticity.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

There is no way to tighten skin.

To correct the problems in the picture only an abdominoplasty is a suitable alternative. Don't waste your money on the skin tightening technology.

If you are unwilling for total abdominoplasty, you may consider liposuction and miniabdominoplasty or liposuction alone . There are some who are absolutely averse to surgery and they go for nonsurgical options of skin tightening etc. In my experience the result of these nonsurgical procedures in your case will not be worth the money . 

Priti Shukla, Mch
India Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos! I hope that these answers help! Tummy tuck is an excellent method for shaping the belly and create a flatter and sculpted abdomen after the procedure. Looking at your photos, I do believe that you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure in order to remove the excess skin/soft tissue of your lower abdomen and contour the areas of your belly. A mini tummy tuck has limited usefulness in a small subset if patients. Also, abdominal wall tightening may optimize your result. Also, a continued healthy and active lifestyle will be needed in order to maintain the benefits that the procedure has given to you.

Once you are ready for the procedure, I would likely recommend a full tummy tuck with abdominal wall tightening along with some liposuction to the hips/flanks for additional contouring.  There truly are no non-surgical options to remove or improve lax skin. So, tightening of your belly would offer an excellent shape for you. This would remove the excess skin/soft tissue and stretch marks while contouring your belly. You should consult with a plastic surgeon at anytime to go over options to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD