Just had septorhinoplasty, and there's a cut on side of my nose. Is this an incision? (Photo)

I am just wondering is there's a type of incision that accessing the nose from the side. My splint fell off early and before taping it back on I checked out my new nose and noticed a small cut on the side of it. Can someone help clear this up. I just want to know what was done. I have attached a photo I am only 5 days post op. (It's a horrible picture but it's all I have for now and it's bigger than it looks)

Unlikely

There is no well described incision on the side of the nose that is used for rhinoplasty.  This may be an inadvertent injury during surgery, maybe from the splint itself.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Cut on nose after Rhinoplasty

Its difficult to assess your nose from the photo. Having said that, the location you have circled is not a typical place to have an incision after a rhinoplasty. As with any surgery, there could have been an inadvertent injury to the tissue during your procedure. 
The best thing to do is consult with your surgeon and show him/her the problem. I hope you get excellent results!

Best 
DrS

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi,
The person to best answer your question is your surgeon.  The area that you have circled in your photo is not a normal site for a rhinoplasty incision.  Many years ago, surgeons used transcutaneous (incisions on the skin) to address the bridge of the nose.  This is highly unlikely in your case. This may be a scratch and not necessarily an incision but I would give your surgeon the benefit of the doubt and simply ask.
Best of luck and regards.
Dr. Garcia

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the picture.  Hate to speculate on what may or may not have been done during your surgery.  There certainly are a number of reasons why you may have that there, however I suggest you bring it up to your surgeon during your next post op visit.  When in doubt, it is always best to speak with the operating surgeon.  Best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD