Natrelle silicone Style 15-456 or style 20-550? (Photos)

Need help deciding! My BA is scheduled for September 27… I had my preop today and change from HP style 20-550mL to style 15 457 mL because it felt more natural. When I put on my scrub top the 550 high profile seemed gigantic! I know you lose some size going under the muscle but I want to make sure I'm not going to be uncomfortable and bigger than I had intended! I'll add a pick with all of my measurements:) it's hard to tell from pics! I am 5'11 and around 160

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

I prefer use the Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.

Kind regards

I would consider a smaller High Profile, Style 20 Implant

Looking at the sheet you posted and your photos I am unsure if  your measurements are correct. Those are somewhat wide implants for your breasts. Also you will definitely be a DD bra size after your surgery with the 550s.  I use a lot of Natrelle implants so I can tell you this as a fact. I recommend re-evaluating the measurements and consider a smaller HP implant. I hope this helps.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Style 15 or 20 breast implants?

Thank you for your question. It appears that the two implant options you provided are a reasonable match with your breast and chest measurements. There are certainally no right or wrong answers to your question. My personal bias is towards the syle 15 to provide a nice combination width and upper breast fullness  without too much unnatural anterior projection. Best of luck with your decisions and you surgery!

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Natrelle silicone Style 15-456 or style 20-550?

In my over 40 years experience the one comm response is "I wish I'd gone bigger!" So think again abut the 550 cc.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon