Mommy makeover, lift no implants? (Photo)

I am in the process of losing weight, lost 30lb but want to lose at least another 30-40 prior to surgery. I want a lift (40dd) prefer no implants, also a TT with lipo. Im 37, have 3 children and gave gained alot of weight with each. I want like a tear shape breast, natural looking and soft but lifted and with smaller areolas. Any hope??

Mommy Makeover - Breast Lift, Tummy Tuck, Liposuction

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover.

Generally speaking, once your weight stabilizes, you can consider a mommy makeover, including a tummy tuck +/- flank liposuction and a breast lift +/- breast implants.  It will depend on how much breast volume that you lose with weight loss

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Mommy Makeover Procedures

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. You definitely have the option of combining whichever procedures will achieve your desired results. Simply seek out a local surgeon for a consultation and which procedures would be best combined together. Best of luck to you.

Breast Lift with or without Implants

You can certainly have a breast lift without implants.  The lift will correct your sagging and raise your nipples into a more central location on your breasts.  However, keep in mind that a small or moderate sized implant is often added to a lift procedure for the purpose of increasing fullness in upper breast region, as a pure lift doesn't always securely hold the breast tissue that high in the cleavage area.  Also, adding an implant will increase firmness of your breasts, which can be beneficial following significant weight loss which often leaves the breasts somewhat deflated and floppy.  I would suggest not to make final decisions until you have lost most of your desired weight, and then have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in this type of surgery.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Mommy makeover

Based on your photos a breast lift should give you the look you are going for. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, Best of luck.

Lift no implants with natural shape

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and mommy make-over.

• Your plan seems a very good one.
  • A final decision will depend on how things look when you've lost the remaining weight.
  • But a breast lift will typically give you the look you describe.
  • Enjoy the result!
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

MM Candidate

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

I recommend the "DIEP flap augmentation" - tummy tuck and breast augmentation with your own tissue

Losing weight is good for your health but bad for your figure - your breasts will continue to deflate and sag.  A mommy makeover is a great option, and if you don't want implants to restore breast volume, then I recommend the "DIEP flap augmentation". In in this procedure, instead of throwing away your abdominal tissue, I use it to augment your breasts. Very few plastic surgeons in the world offer this procedure because it requires exceptional training and skill, and I am one of them.  There is hope!

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

For sure you are a great candidate for breast lift (with or without implants) and a TT with lipo. Try to lose as much as you can before your surgery. Best of luck

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on losing 30 lbs and for your plan for another 30-40 prior to your surgery.  You definitely do not need breast implants unless you want a very augmented rounded appearance in the area of your upper inner breast without a bra on.  You appear to have plenty of breast tissue which when lifted should be quite sufficient in volume.

You also appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  If you lose another 30-40 lbs before surgery, your tummy tuck will be even better!!  As you lose weight, you not only lose what you can pinch but also fat inside the abdomen.  As the amount of fat inside the abdomen decreases, it allows the surgeon to tighten the muscles even more during a tummy tuck, giving you a smaller waist and flatter abdomen.  

You should not consider having surgery until you are within 10 lbs of your ideal/goal weight because losing more after surgery can alter your results (eg. your breasts will droop more).

Congratulations on your journey.

Julian Gordon, MD