Are there certain medications, vitamins or supplements we should avoid using if we have saline breast implants?

Dr Dana Goldberg is correct. But are you pre op or post op? Again follow your chosen PSs instructions. 

Supplements for surgery

Omega 3 fats (e.g. fish oil, EFA, flax seed oil, Krill oil), NSAID's (aspirin, ibuprofen, naprosyn), Vitamin E, "blood thinners" and a whole host of supplements and medicines can cause excessive bleeding and bruising and therefore increase your recovery time. When in doubt stay away from supplements unless they are designed for surgery. I offer to my patients specific supplements that speed healing, reduce swelling, bruising and in some cases minimize discomfort (for example Bromelain, Arnica Montanum, and Vitamins designed for surgery.

Bottom Line: Certain vitamins and minerals can speed healing others can cause problems and slow the process down or cause complications. If healing is going well I usually let my patients go back to their usual regimen of supplements

Check with your doctor as only your doctor would have access to your medical history and what would be best for you. We typically allow our patients to continue their supplements 10 days post op if their recovery is going well.

There are no specific medications to avoid just for saline implants.

There are no specific medications to avoid just for saline implants.Saline implants are stable.However, they do have more rippling but this is not caused by any medications we are aware of.Large doses of steroids/anti-inflammatories can thin tissue which could potentially allow rippling in saline implants to be more visible.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Supplements and saline impalnts

There is no reason if you are post op that you can't resume your supplements but I generally tell my patients no supplements for 2 weeks prior to surgery.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Herbals and breast implants

My office gives out a medication to avoid sheet around the time of surgery as do many surgical offices, that  talks about certain herbals to avoid, and blood thinning medications as mentioned in previous answers. But after surgery I tell my patients they can resume their normal herbal supplements about 2 weeks afterwards. It doesn't matter whether saline of silicone implants.

Saline implants don't interact with medications

You are safe to take whatever medications you want as long as you are far enough out from surgery to be cleared to take things that thin your blood (like aspirin, ibuprofen, and fish oil). Check with your surgeon to be sure, but in general there are no medication interactions after recovery. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon