How do I keep from anything irritating my labia after labiaplasty? (Photo)

I had surgery on 9/13, labiaplasty wedge with hood. I stood home resting and taking care of myself for 12 days. Yesterday my 13th day post op, I returned to work (11 hours) I have a very physical job and after I showered I looked at myself and almost cried. My right labia was swollen and looks like it's detaching. I am a lettercarrier so I walk a lot, drive a lot and carry heavy packages (all outside). Can someone tell me the best way to protect my labias while at work?

Labia irritation

sorry to hear about your problem. Try sport groin female cup. You can get it at any sports goods store or online. Sometimes is works well by keeping pressure off the labia. Hope this helps.

East Aurora Urogynecologist

Irritation after labiaplasty

Its possible you have irritated your incision line from too much friction to soon after surgery.  Your surgeon is in the best position to advise you on your recovery and return to normal duties and the steps to take to minimise any further irritation.

Labiaplasty

This seems like normal irritation from too much activity a little bit too soon after your procedure.  Definitely keep your surgeon updated on your recovery status as we want to know how our patients are healing post op.

It you have a post-op problem, it is YOUR SURGEON whom you should seek...

This is a question you should ask your surgeon (you know, the one you paid for your surgery...) Surgical fees INCLUDE all follow-up care necessary for at least 6 weeks. Your surgeon knows your case. Looks like you've irritated the incision line, & it should resolve, but-- SEE YOUR SURGEON...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

How do I keep from anything irritating my labia after labiaplasty?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your incision separation.  The edge of the labiaplasty is under the greatest degree of tension and it appears that you have a small separation.  Unfortunately the only thing you can do is try to avoid any tension along the repair site by not manipulating the tissues and avoiding any activities that cause a pulling sensation.  Hopefully the separation does not worsen and your body will be able to heal this from the inside out.  Best wishes.

2 weeks post op labiaplasty

I am sorry to hear of your post operative problems.  I am sorry to say you are correct it appears the wedge resection is beginning to breakdown and detach.   There is nothing you really can do except keep your hands off of the area i.e. no pulling  try no to put pressure or allow trauma to the vulva area.   The best protective measure is to be gentle to that area until healing is completed at 6 weeks.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills~ Dubai