I do not want one up and one down or straight brows. where should I suggest injecting? (photo)

Naturally, I have one eyebrow that is higher than the other. That's OK w me. I do not want the higher one to come down. I do not care about little wrinkles between my eyes or the corners of eyes. just a little arch and the horizontal forehead lines. I do not want straight brows.

Asymmetry in Eyebrows

Asymmetry in the eyebrows can be corrected with Botox and this is an advanced technique.  Be certain to consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with facial injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Asymmertry In Eyebrows

It is very common to have facial asymmetry and a difference in muscle movement on each side of the face. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options for injectable treatment, (Botox or Dysport for example.) with a skilled injector, and then decide if that's the right option for you.

All the best.

Nonsurgical eyebrow lift with Ultherapy or Botox - Williamsville, NY Ultherapy provider

Thank you for the question and the picture.

The lower eyebrow can be raised with proper Botox injection under that eyebrow. 

A more permanent nonsurgical solution could be Ultherapy to raise the eyebrow that is 'lower'.

Read the Ultherapy ebook on the link below.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Botox can be adjusted

Botox injections can be adjusted for asymmetry.
The cause of the underlying asymmetry is probably due to a weak left eyelid and underlying ptosis.
The asymmetry can be managed by careful injections of Botox in and around the brow to make the areas more symmetrical if you don't currently desire ptosis correction with surgery.
Best wishes from Dr. Denkler

Getting the effects you desire from botox

If you are seeing an experienced and trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon I would suggest telling them the same words you have in your post.  A well trained injector should be able to adjust their technique to help you achieve the results you are describing.  While there are general recommendations for how to treat lines on the face someone with experience will know how to adjust to get different effects.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Eyebrow Asymmetry -- Botox, Browlift, Fillers

What is it you are asking ? I am confused by the post.  Please advise what your question is.  botox , fillers and other noninvasive options can be used to even out the brows or a lift can be performed. Best, Dr. Emer.

Stop and find out why the asymmetry

The asymmetry you are mentioning is likely from underlying left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelid) which causes the same side eyebrow to raise in order to help lift the droopy eyelid (subconsciously).  See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. (You can visit my Instagram page for recent post on asymmetry eyes from underlying ptosis.)

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tell your doctor what you want and they will work with you

Tell your doctor what you would like done. An experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon will be able to use their training to get the desired effect. This is not a follow a recipe type of project so make sure that you see someone with experience that doesn't just inject every person the same way.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

I do not want one up and one down or straight brows. where should I suggest injecting

when getting Botox injection, your injector should be aware of where the placement of the Botox needs to be to achieved the desired result. Telling them what you want to achieve is a must but you should not be suggesting to the injector where to put it, they should already know. If they do no, go somewhere else

Julio Garcia, MD

Brow and Facial Balance with Botox

Dear jkj1214:

Thanks for sharing your photo. Botox and all injectables for that matter use advanced techniques requiring knowledge of anatomy, the physiology and interaction of the product, the re-balancing of muscles and layers of skin injected.

Please select your injector carefully. They should have years of injection experience and be Board Certified in one of the core specialties including Plastic Surgery, ENT and Dermatology. 

Brow position, wrinkles, lines, folds and facial differences are expected due to natural facial variation and differences in emotional expression and aging. Generally, brow position is modified when the "depressor versus elevator" muscles of the forehead are properly evaluated and injected, adjusting for the facial differences. 

I wish you the best with your desires. 

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS