Had liposuction 8 weeks ago and 1.5 liters removed from abdomen, arm and back. I feel like not enough fat was removed? (Photos)

I had liposuction 8 weeks ago and 1.5 liters removed from abdomen , arm and back... I feel like not enough fat was removed. and I'm asking my surgeon for a re do... If he won't do it then I will seek a different surgeon. Does it look like I need more fat removed ? Maybe I need a tummy tuck. I have no loose skin or stretch marks and only one child via C cecrion at 33 weeks gestation.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

I suggest a formal consultation to determine if a more hi definition 4D contouring type procedure should be performed or if this is still in the healing phase and needs RF tightening, massage, and compression.  Best, Dr. Emer.

1.5 liters of fat removed

without the preop photos, it is difficult to tell whether you have significant improvement, but if all those areas were suctioned, 1.5 liters is still well within legal limits for Florida, unless you had another procedure done at the same time. I agree that waiting till 3-4 months have passed will give you a better idea of results than right now.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Wait to decide

I recommend you don't do anything for at least 9 months, ideally a year. Things truly do take time to heal. Liposuction too early, and you could end up with divots and irregular skin. Abdominoplasty will not decrease the fat density of the skin much. Another procedure may still be needed, but you can proceed with the correct one after more time has passed.
Best regards. 

Prashant Soni M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Liposuction 8 weeks post op.

At 8 weeks post op I would suggest patience.  Most patients will still be swollen and many will have gained some weight from the decrease in exercise associated with time away from the gym for recovery.  You can maximize your results with aggressive diet and exercise at this point given most of the pain should have resolved.  If you do not get to your goal I would consider another procedure at the earliest 6 months post op but would much prefer 1 year post op.  This might include non invasive body contouring, liposuction, or tummy tuck but could only be determined by an in person exam and discussion about your goals.  Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. While swelling will slowly subside three to six months following your procedure, you should see some improvement by now. You may wear a compression garment if you feel it helps. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Lipo

If you are looking for a flat tummy, then lipo is not the answer. You likely have abdominal wall laxity and need tightening of your abdominal wall via a tummy tuck incision. You had a nice result in that your abdominal wall looks smooth without irregularities.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - was enough fat removed?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your profile suggests that you need a  tummy tuck -
  • You haven't had a lot of fat removed if only 1.5 L was removed.
  • I suggest you get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before more is done -
  • Liposuction is usually not redone for 6 months because you will be swollen and it is hard to get a satisfactory result if it is done too early.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lipo revison

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos.   You should wait a few more months before thinking about another surgery.  Stay on a healthy diet,  try to lose some weight,  and do some exercise.   Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Lipo expectations

You will have a more final result at 4-6 months and no revision should be considered before then at the earliest anyway so the tissues have time to soften. An in person exam at that time can better answer your question. In the meantime, maximize your results with a solid nutritional/exercise program.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Had liposuction 8 weeks ago and 1.5 liters removed from abdomen, arm and back. I feel like not enough fat was removed?

This is an interesting question! In the State off Florida ,by office surgery guidelines, in a combination surgery of Lipo + BBL + Lift with implants, by rule ONLY 1 liter pure fat can be removed. You stated 1.5 liters was removed and approx 750 cc's per buttock cheek re injected. Thus the rule was broken plus in my over the internet opinion you needed 4 liters fat removed with at least 1,200 to 1,800 cc's fat re injected into your buttock to give you the hour glass result along with the layered liposuction techniques....I am sure your surgeon or his staff explained this rule to you and you decided to have only 1 operation. Thus the surgeon was limited in amounts of liposuction and fat removal!. Best to discuss with your chosen operative surgeon until you fully understand these issues. Now I recommend a re liposuction along with additional BBL..