I have blepharospasm and I had the Botox shots done. It's been two days and no change. What should I do?

Botox typically begins to show results within anywhere from 3-7 days.

Botox typically begins to show results within anywhere from 3-7 days, with full results appearing after a week or two. It is perfectly normal to not see a change after just two days. Be patient, and you should begin to notice a change soon. If you still have no change after a week, I would recommend visiting your doctor again for a follow-up.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Results

It takes at least 7 days and up to 14 days to see the full results of the Botox injections.  It is too soon to expect results. Best, Dr. Green

Botox

Your experience is normal and nothing is wrong.  At 2 days, you will probably not notice any results.  Botox typically takes 5-7 days to work, sometimes up to 10 days.  Discuss with your doctor.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Botox results

It can take 10-14 days to see the full effects from Botox cosmetic injections.  Please be sure to follow up with your practitioner around this time frame as well.

Botox Injections

We generally tell our patients to give their Botox a full week or so to see the full result. You will not get anything just overnight. After 7 days or so, if you still are not satisfied, then return to your physician.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Botox for blepharospam

It can take up to 10-14 days to see and effect from Botox.  More can always be added if you have not achieved your desired result.  It is unlikely you will notice anything after 2 days.  Give it some time.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Botox for blepharospasm

It can take a week or two to see the full effect of your Botox treatment.  If you are still having problems at that time, please return to your doctor for assessment since you may require more Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox timing of effect

Thank you for your question.  Botox can take up to two weeks to see any effect.  If at that time you have no effect please return to your physician for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

It's been two days and no change. What should I do?

Thank you for your question.  Botox has a delayed onset of treatment with patients typically noting changes at 3-5 days and full effects at 10-14.  I would recommend allowing the Botox to settle and assess your results in the over the next 12 days.

Hello malynda

It takes about 3 days before you might begin to notice something, but it takes a full 7-10 days before your reach the maximum effect. At this point I would just wait.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon