Had a full TT with breast lift and aug. and lipo on flanks 2wks 4 days ago. Any suggestions?

I had a full TT with breast lift and aug. and lipo on flanks 2wks 4 days ago. I have a sharp burning stabbing pain on the right side over the incision where the right drain was. I also now have a small puff on the side of my right breast at the end of the incision close to my underarm. It also hurts now when I put my arm down and it touches it. Is any of this normal? Also, I have no feeling on my back, right thigh, and obviously lower stomach. Should I be worried?

Recovery after a Mommy Makeover in Melbourne, FL.

Thank you for your question about pain during the recovery period after tummy tuck, breast lift, augmentation, and liposuction.  Since you are very early in the postop period, my first recommendation would be to see your board certified plastic surgeon immediately to determine if there are any areas of concern on examination.  It is not unusual to have various aches and pains throughout the postop and recovery period which tend to resolve on their own with time; however, only an in-person by examination by your doctor can rule out any issues that may be of concern.  I hope this is helpful.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Call your surgeon

If you have questions regarding the postoperative care or symptoms that do not seem normal to you, call your surgeon! You trusted this individual enough to have them operate on you, you should trust them to take care of you after the surgery.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Contact Your Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  I'm so sorry you are experiencing discomfort. Some #pain and #swelling after your #mommymakeover is typical, however if you are concerned, you need to contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon so that you may be examined in person.

Questions after tummy tuck and breast surgery

It is always best to confide in your surgeon to whom you have trusted with this comprehensive plastic surgical restoration.  He or she and the staff will guide you through the early and subsequent period of healing and recovery.   We cannot begin to speculate on points of recovery at this time.

Donn Hickman, MD

Mommy make-over recovery

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over recovery.
  • Please contact your own plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen so your issues can be assessed.
  • Lack of feeling on the back and right thigh are not usual after a mommy makeover.
  • Lots of things change as we heal after surgery but your surgeon must be the one to guide your recovery.
  • It cannot be done long-distance.
  • I see most of my patients  2-3 weeks after surgery for these very reasons.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Early post op, some advices :

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA with BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regardsDr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for your questions. It is very difficult to answer them well without some visual documentation. Could you please add a few photos to your question. Thank you

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately without a full set of photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations but as your symptoms are new I would advise seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to rule out any issues requiring treatment, such as a discrete fluid collection or infection. Hope this helps.

Many symptoms after your operation

It seems that all of the concerns that you mentioned are consistent with having a large operation. You will probably continue to have multiple and varied symptoms over the first six months to a year. These usually settle down nicely a allow you to enjoy your nice results.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Expectations

I would remind you that you are only 2 weeks out from surgery and all your listed concerns may be normal. It is difficult to reassure you however without photos. I recommend regular follow-up with your surgeon to ensure appropriate healing and address these concerns.