Will my folded over nipple scar from Breast Augmentation get better? (photos)

I had a breat augmentation two weeks ago and one of my nipple incisions is folded kinda. My PA said this was because he pulled the stitches too tight and that once they dissolve it would fix itself, but I have never seen this before and can't find any info online.

Nipple scar

Based on your photo I would not worry about this.This should come out with the laundry and should do well.You can do soem massage to speed up the resoultion.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will my folded over nipple scar from Breast Augmentation get better

Hi.. thank you for the question and photos... it is too soon, you still swollen and healing... give it some time for the inflammatory process take place  

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Will my folded over nipple scar from Breast Augmentation get better?

If after 3 months still 'folded' best to open and re suture the areolar incision.....................

Will my folded over nipple scar get better?

Thanks for your question. From what I can see, you had some great results from your breast augmentation. Give your breasts some more time to heal and if overtime you are still concerned, talk to your surgeon about his specific corrective recommendations. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. JSB

Be patient

My suggestion is wait until you have completely healed and you have allowed yur breasts to settle. If then you feel there is no change discuss a possible revision to the scar with your surgeon. At this stage yes it is visible, but more than likely this will resolve itself.

Benjamin Norris, MbCHb, FRACS(Plast)
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

A regular incision after breast augmentation

From your photographs, it seems like there is a good chance that the incision will flatten out and be quite acceptable over time.It looks like you have a very nice result from breast augmentation and I hope you don't worry too much about the incision for now. At the very worst, a small revision could be considered after many months.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Will likely get better

Hello clarkj. It looks like it's early after surgery and most incisions are lumpy-bumpy and irregular. Most likely it will get better. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Although the incision does not look perfect at this point, I would expect your incision to improve with time. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon