What to do about dissatisfaction with breast augmentation after 1 year? So depressing! (Photos)

I had a breast augmentation done in May, 2015 (just over 1 year ago) to include implants, lift & areola size reduction. I am so dissatisfied. You can't tell there was a lift, as they still sag & fall to the sides, the areolas do not appear identical, still big & one looks like a lopsided circle & the scars are huge. I feel like they are just a larger version of my breasts before. I simply wanted slightly bigger & perky. I still have to wear a push up bra!

Breast Augmentation

It is impossible to comment on your result without seeing preop photos. You have a good result from the looks of the photos and the scars have healed well. There is a limit to what can be achieved in a one stage procedure and implants always drop into the breast envelope - placing nipples too high can create a result that is uncorrectable. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast look

The breasts look very natural. If you expected them to sit higher on the chest, that might not be possible due to where the breast "footprint" is.  An areola revision is possible.

Lift/Augmentation

You may want to consider a secondary lift and smaller implants. Unfortunately the skin/tissue of breasts which h have been stretched tends to be thin with poor elasticity. Lifting and then placing large implants can be counter-productive. You will need to meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to evaluate your options.

All the best

Mastopexy/Augmentation

It sounds as though your result did not meet your expectations. Regardless of why this happened, if you are this unhappy then you should go back to your surgeon to see if he will offer you a revision. Another option is to find another surgeon and start again. If you are happy with the size, you may only need revision of the mastopexy. If the size also bothers you, then you will need new implants as well. Remember that gravity works on mass, so the larger your implant the sooner gravity will cause sagging. 

William H. Gorman, MD

Breast Augmentation

Your tissues may not support this size of implant, especially when placed under the muscle that continually pushes them down.  One option is to go smaller and redo the lift to tighten the skin envelope so the implant is higher on your chest wall.  The areolas could be reduced as well.  

Breast aug unhappy after 1 year

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that the out come is not to your expectation. It will be hard to comment without seeing before pictures. I recommend to talk to your PS or to someone else for second opinion for unperson evaluation. 

After 1 year only re operation can improve the results. Sorry. seek in person second opinions from boarded PSs in your area.

Unhappy with the result

Dear Smile Thrult,

before pictures would be helpful to understand your preop condition. Having said that, enlarging a breast and at the same time lifting them is a procedure that can very well be done, but requires sufficient experience. Regardless how skillful your surgeon is, after the procedure the breast will drop during the healing period as compared to directly after the surgery. To what extend depends on many factors like age, skin quality, size of implants etc. etc.

If you are unhappy with your result, I recommend to see you PS and seek his or her advice. Otherwise see another one for a second opinion.

All the best.

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon