About my breast augmentation. (photo)

Is it normal to have one breast significantly bigger than the other ... Im really dissatisfied with my breast augmentation now I wanted a natural look nothing to bug and my doctor filled me up with 450 cc i always had a boob bigger than the other and the doctor saw that but still he put 450 in both my boobs look dissimilar and super big is that normal I'm only 2 days post op

2 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its normal to have pain and swelling at this time of your post op. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Asymmetric Breast Swelling

Early post op, while tissues are swollen, it is not uncommon to note that small differences seem exaggerated. Each breast has slightly different pressure and may heal and settle differently. Typically this will resolve over time but the small difference you began with, you will still have. I recommend that you try to wait until 6 months post op to evaluate your results.
All the best

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Healing after plastic surgery is a process and the earlier parts are the most challenging.  Emotions are a big part of the process as well. difference in swelling is normal after a breast augmentation surgery, the final look of your breasts will happen around 3 months after the surgery. Give it some time and if you´re still concerned about the results then you should address your concerns to your surgeon. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

About my breast augmentation.

Some minor swelling difference is normal after surgery However, From your photo I recommend seeing your surgeon immediately you may have a seroma. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Your before pictures would be helpful

I am sorry that your result less than what your expecting. The first issue is that you are at early stage of healing. The next issue is the level of asymmetry before surgery. You may had sagging of the right side and your surgeon had to put same amount to give it lift. Please see your surgeon. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Too early to get worried

• I can't comment on your surgeon's choice to put similar implants in.  I am sure they had a good reason.
  • What I will say is that it is too early to get worried.  A bit more swelling on one side can easily happen.  A blood vessel that bleeds a bit more is the most likely reason.  Give it a couple months to settle before you worry about the final result.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast augmentation asymmetry

There are almost always breast asymmetries both before and after breast augmentation. Obviously the goal of the surgery is to enhance the size of the breasts and improve the symmetry whenever possible.  It is much too soon to make a determination about how your breasts will look after everything heals and the swelling goes down.   This typically takes two months or more.  Try to be patient. Let everything heal and reevaluate the situation in a few months. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  We all want our patients to be happy. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

As my other colleagues have indicated, it is far too early to draw any conclusions. The soonest you should regard your result as semi-stable is approximately six weeks. The actual final result will take up to 12 months. 
Having said that, if you had significant asymmetry before surgery (which is very common), and your plastic surgeon placed identical implants with identical fill, you certainly have a right to discuss this with your plastic surgeon, especially if your pre-operative discussions included the likelihood that different size implants or volumes could be expected. In my own twenty six years of experience, I have seen both scenarios; i.e. making note of significant asymmetry preoperatively wherein I was quite certain we would need two different volumes to achieve symmetry, yet the optimal symmetry was indeed obtained during surgery with the same volume; versus the other scenario where obvious asymmetry was not detected, yet the patient ended up requiring two different size implants or volumes for the optimal result. Your plastic surgeon has the expertise, and he or she will explain to you their thought process reading their decision making. 
If you end up displeased with your result, discuss this with your plastic surgeon. All plastic surgeons are striving for the best results for their patients, even if not always attained. Yet we also always want our patients to be happy. If you are displeased I have every confidence that your plastic surgeon will do all he or she can to remedy that for you. For the time being, try to relax, follow your surgeon's recommendations explicitly, and be patient as your body heals. I hope you end up very happy with your final result, and please remember that often times, the asymmetry you might be seeing is more often than not seen by anyone else. We tend to scrutinize ourselves far more than the rest of the world scrutinizes us.  Good luck.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

About my breast augmentation.

Sorry for the poor decision on the surgeon's part as well as yours. Only re operation can even out your breasts. Was the chosen surgeon a boarded PS?