Breast augmentation with lift or no lift? (Photos)

I'm 22 years old no kids and Im in the process of booking for a consultation to get my girls looking good. My question is will I need a breast lift with my breast augmentation or will I be fine with out the breast lift?

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have an examination of your breasts done. At that point, the surgeon can recommend whether you need a breast lift, breast augmentation or both. From the photos you have posted, it seems as though a lift may be necessary, a breast augmentation with implants will add projection and volume but may not be sufficient to correct the sagging appearance. I think you would be more satisfied with a breast aug and lift. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Lift

You need a lift whether you add implants or not. Implants only add volume they do not lift the breasts to any great extent.

Breast lift needed for optimal result

Thank you for your question.   From what I can see on your photo, an implant alone would not give you a good result.  You have significant ptosis (sagging).  A breast lift can improve the shape, size, and position of your breasts, but if you want upper pole fullness, then you will need to combine with an implant.  If you are planning on having children soon, you may wish to wait until after the children, as the pregnancy will likely stretch out your skin and cause more sagging.  If you are delaying childbirth for years, then keep in mind that after the kids you will probably need a revision lift/augmentation.  Good luck. 

To lift or not to lift?

This is one of the most common question in cosmetic breast surgery: To lift or not to lift? The answer depends upon whether the desired implant fill out the breast tissue and where the breasts naturally sit before augmentation. In your photos, your breasts are sitting low on the chest, there is no visible skin underneath the nipple/areola when viewed from the front, and you have an asymmetry between the sizes and position of the breasts. In other words, an augmentation without a lift will not correct the asymmetry and will leave the nipples sitting low on the breasts. The degree of lift may simply be a periareolar lift on the left but likely a circumvertical on the right (lollipop lift). 

Lift or no lift?

As you head toward seeing your surgeon for consultation, keep in mind in your particular case that you have quite significant sag, especially on the right side.  There is no doubt that your result would be better with a full lift at the same time as the implants.  Since your breasts are heavy, or so they appear from the photos, a skin lift would not be as effective.  A vertical lift would give a better result and a longer lasting lift.  Still though, at age 22, a strong consideration is possible loss of the ability to breast feed with a breast lift.  Given that trade off you may decide to compromise with the result and get the volume and fill for the hollow with the implants. Then wait until after you have had children to get the lift.  This will be less of a comprise in clothes, but quite a bit of compromise without clothes.  As implants alone do not give significant lift.  I hope you find this information helpful.  

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift or without a lift

Hi,

You definitely need a breast lift. However, if you haven't had any pregnancies, you may want to wait until you do. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can drastically affect the shape and volume of your breasts. The changes can also be incredibly unpredictable. That said, if you wish to move forward with surgery, consider The Bellesoma method to reshape and re-position your breasts without the risks/complications and extra cost associated with breast implants. This current method can give you upper pole fullness without implants using your own tissues. I've attached a brief video to show you what can now be achieved using current breast lifting technology. No ugly vertical scars and no implants. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You look like a great candidate for a Breast Lift with or without implants. Implants to give it more volume to the breast.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Lift and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  In the absence of a physical exam and based solely upon the photos that you included with your request, it appears as though you would require a breast lift in order to correct the breast ptosis and asymmetry depicted in the photos.  Breast implants would afford you more projection and additional breast volume, but it would do little to correct the breast droop you appear to have.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns, your cosmetic goals and the different options available to you.  I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best!

Breast Lift and Breast Implants

You have breast ptosis, or drooping. You absolutely need a breast lift. You also have some asymmetry of volume, so something will have to be done to correct this. This can be either making the larger breast smaller, or making the smaller breast larger. It seems that you will do best with a lift and implants. Just having breast implants placed will make your breasts look worse. 

Breast augmentation with lift or no lift?

Thanks for your question and photos.  IMO you definitely should consider a breast lift with placement of implants (assuming you wish to be fuller and larger).  Without a lift your asymmetry will be made more prominent as wlll the droopiness present.  Best wishes,

The video above discusses my considerations and recommendations regarding your question. 

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD