Areola Reduction: Purse String Stitch. Are they stretching back out? How bad will it scar? (Photo)

I got a augmentation, donut lift and areola reduction 8 days ago. It seems my areolas are stretching out and unevenly at that. Will I need a revision or do you think they will heal and fade nicely? I'm so afraid to relax. I'm always hunched over in fear of pulling my stitches.

Areola Reduction: Purse String Stitch. Are they stretching back out? How bad will it scar?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

I agree with my colleagues, at just 8 days post op it is much too early to determine your final result.  But, I wouldn't be overly worried.   From your photos, it appears that you are healing well and should have a very nice result.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Areola Reduction: Purse String Stitch. Are they stretching back out? How bad will it scar

Thank you for your question. Your very early in your recovery from surgery.  Over the nexr few weeks ypur breasts will change dramitically. Discuss ypur concerns with your surgeon.

8 days after surgery

At 8 days after surgery your incisions are still healing.  Be patient with the results, you need to allow things to heal.

Breast augmentation with areolar reduction post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your question with us.

At this point of your post op, 8 days, its too early to give you value judgements about final results.
In my practice, after performing a Breast Augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Areolar reduction

So far you are healing well and the areolas are viable.  The scar will definitely improve and the gathering that you see now will soften and even out.  It may be necessary to revise the scar eventually once it is well healed to get a round shape to your areolas.  

Only time will allow us to determine if the 'purse string suturing' will work. Also concerned the irregular shaped repair.. 

Will I need a Revision

At eight days post surgery, it is way too early to be thinking about a revision. There are many factors including swelling an irregular tensions that need to work themselves out before the final shape and size of the areola is finalized. Be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon. Good luck and hope you have an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Areola Reduction

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon for patients to be concerned about their results so early after surgery, but at this point, there are multiple factors contributing to the size, shape, position, and overall appearance of your breasts that are going to evolve over the coming weeks and months that make it impossible to determine if you will need a future revision.  Do your best to relax about your current appearance and give yourself time to heal.  What you see now is not reflective of what your final result will be.  Stay in contact with your plastic surgeon and be patient, as hard as it may be!  Best wishes. 

Carmen Kavali, MD