ThermiTight, is the swelling normal?

My doctor said I would only be swollena few days. I'm Reading review of a woman who had lower face done & said she was swollen for months ! I'm

Swelling and ThermiTight

Thanks for your question. Swelling is normal and occurs in phases. The first few days consists of higher swelling then it gradually decreases. Final results may take a couple of months but be patient through the process. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

ThermiTight & Swelling

Swelling (edema from the procedure) usually increases for 2-3 days and afterwards progressively diminishes, rather a lot at first and then slower for several weeks. It takes months to see the final improvements of the skin contractions.

Swelling with ThermiTight

Yes, most patients experience some form of swelling after their ThermiTight procedure. The amount can vary from patient to patient. On average, it can take up to a 3 – 5 days for any major swelling to go down, however any residual swelling can last up to two weeks. The compression chin strap will help significantly to decrease the swelling when worn according to the physician’s instructions.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight - how long is swelling supposed to last?

Thank you for your question. While swelling varies form person to person, it typically lasts up to a couple of weeks at most. None of our patients have experienced swelling beyond that time frame. Make sure you wear a compression garment on and off. If you have any concerns, please discuss them with a Thermi expert in your area. You could look up doctors in your area by going on the Thermi website and entering your zip code under the "find a doctor" tab. Good luck. 

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Swelling from ThermiTight is temporary

The average patient sees swelling for one to two weeks after ThermiTight. Certainly some small residual amount may take a little longer to go away, but I have not heard of swelling taking months to recede.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling After ThermiTight

Swelling after ThermiTight can be significant in the first few days. This is mainly because of the numbing fluid that is injected into the tissues during the procedure. Residual, more subtle swelling can last about 4-6 weeks. Wearing a compression garment after the procedure can help to reduce the severity of swelling. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

ThermiTight - swelling

Swelling following any procedure/surgery can literally take months to resolve and is variable.  Following Thermitight, within a few days even though residual swelling and tenderness may continue for a long time following that.  Head elevation, massage, especially lymphatic massage, pressure garment, and even herbal remedies such as Arnica Montana or bromelain may help.  Results following ThermiTight can take a year or more to fully develop although most people will see improvement much sooner.

Richard O. Gregory, MD