I am not sure if I have malar bags but I have puffiness on my cheekbone area? (Photos)

I am 33 years old. I am trying to figure out if I have molar bags. If so what is the best treatment. Also I have found that it is hereditary... So does that mean whatever approach I take it will eventually reappear?

Malar crease

The crease you are showing represents a slight separation (anatomical) between the fat pad directly under the eye and another below the crease. It is a fairly common occurrence often seen with skin laxity/age related changes, but sometimes even seen in very young people. A relatively small amount of dermal filler placed in the cheek (one or more levels) can 'bring things together' to eliminate the shadowing under the upper fat pad. Many different brands of dermal filler can be used for this purpose.

Over time the injection will need to be repeated to maintain the correction.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Malar Bags and Voluma

It is difficult to see from the photo and an in office consultation is needed to really assess the situation.  Malar bags can be treated successfully with a small amount of Voluma.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in Voluma and facial injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green