I had great results right after liposuction, but 6 months later I look like I put weight on. What could be the problem?

I had liposuction done on my flank, abdominal and thighs. Immediately after surgery I looked terrific. Now six months later I am heavier then I started. Am I at my final result. My cloths are fitting the way they did before surgery.

Liposuction - what happened to my result?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Here's the problem -
  • Liposuction removes fat from one area but it does not stop weight gain.
  • If your weight is higher than before liposuction, then fat has returned to the area of liposuction as well as to other areas.
  • To see your best result, you need to lose weight until you are 10 pounds less than before liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

it is possible to gain weight after liposuction. The remaining fat cells act normally, so if you are not committed to a reasonable diet and exercise routine, you will gain weight. You should concentrate on losing some weight to maintain your results. Good luck!

Final results

At 6 months if your weight is higher, then in order to see the full results of your lipo, you should get down at least to your pre surgery weight.  Best of luck.

Weight gain after liposuction

The problem, in your own words, is that you have gained weight. If you lose it, you should be back to your initial, post operative appearance. Best of luck.