I'm a 60 year old female. I'm interested in a breast lift and possible augmentation. Is this possible at my age?

Breast Lift

Yes, it certainly is feasable as long as you are healthy to undergo general anesthesia.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Surgery at age 60

It depends more on your overall health and body size, weight, etc. Age is not as important factor so of course it is possible!  Best to find a plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

John A. Perrotti, MD

Breast Lift/Aug at age 60

If your general health is good and you're in a reasonable weight range then you can consider the surgery.  At my facility we require all patients over 40 to receive a medical clearance and be non-smokers for a breast lift.  Also plan to avoid blood thinners for 2-3 weeks prior to and one month (or more) after your surgery.  Discuss all of your details with your ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast lift with aug at age 60

Of course!  Having breast surgery is more about your health than your age, per se.  I would send you for a preop medical clearance as well as a current mammogram to be sure we are proceeding safely, and then proceed as with any other healthy person.

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

60 year old and breast augmentation and lift

It is certainly possible for a 60 year old to have a breast augmentation and a lift.  You would have to be evaluated in person.

Breast lift

This is very common. There should be no issues, we medically clear all of our surgical patients pre op.

Breast augmentation with a breast lift

The oldest patient I operated on for cosmetic Brest surgery is 87 years old. When performing a Brest enlargement, I use the bloodless breast enlargement technique which I invented.  Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique.

There are three major types of breast lifts. These can be performed at the same time as a breast enlargement.

For more information, please view the enclosed video.  I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Breast augmentation with lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Many patients your age have this procedure. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Not Too Old

As long as you are a healthy lady, you are not too old to have breast lift and implants.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.  You are a long way from the oldest patient we have had.  Take care and best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD