Removal for forehead scar after trauma? (photos)

I was punched in the face about 4-5 weeks ago which split my head open. I did not receive stitches as I was told it wasn't needed, but now I am left with this scar on my head that I am conscious about. I know it will fade further but I want to do everything I can to minimise it scarring - I read that the sooner it is treated the better? I have considered fractional resurfacing, SWT (I2PL) laser treatment, or microdermabrasion. What would everyone recommend? Thanks in advance

Forehead Scar

Since your scar is still recent, I would recommend scar massage and silicone gel therapy, along with daily sunblock to allow the scar to mature for at least three months before doing any treatment to revise the scar. From your picture, the scar looks like it is both wide and depressed. If it still has this appearance after three months, you may benefit from a scar revision surgery.

Leslie V. Cohen, MD

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Scar on Forehead

It is best to wait three months to perform any procedure on the scar.  Keep the area out of the sun for now and in a few months please re-post photos. V-Beam effectively will get rid of the redness.  Fraxel may be best for the texture of the scar itself.  Best, Dr. Green

Plato's Scar Serum for a forehead scar

This scar may be improved with surgical scar revision to reduce the width and indentation of the scar, followed by pulsed dye laser. Before surgery, apply Plato's Scar Serum daily. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS