My skin is starting to sag around my jaw line, what can I do for long lasting, natural looking results? (photos)

What would the downtime be and what procedure is recommend also how much would the cost be?

Slight jowls treatment in a young patient

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

You see very young. Depending on your age, different surgeons will recommend different levels of intervention. in your case it will go from fillers to CO2 laser to mini face lifts. Everything depends on your level of invasiveness that you want to go through

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Mini Face lift

Hi. Thank you for the photos, it makes it very easy for me to give you the best advice. 

Based on the picture you provided, you are aging well. However, I do see some early signs of jowling.

The best procedure to correct jowls, is a Facelift. That was we can tighten the jawline. For you because this is a mild case, I would recommend a Mini Face lift. The Mini Face Lift allows for smaller-shorter length incisions & sometimes allows for a local or more mild anesthetic vs a general anesthesia. Recovery is approximately 2-3 weeks. 

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift

Mini Lift can be a nice procedure in younger patients to tighten the neck and lower/mid face.  It can be done under local anesthesia and recovery requires 2 weeks.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Jaw line sagging

Hard to give definitive answers without better photos and an exam, but, in general a mini facelift would offer the best chance at tightening. I would not suggest doing this unless there is enough redundant skin to make the lift worthwhile. Otherwise fillers may offer some help.

All the Best.

Dr. J

A. Dean Jabs M.D. Ph.D. FACS
6430 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda MD 20817

Improving the neck and jawline for natural results

One may improve the neck and jawline for natural results via a variety of methods, largely dependent on the patient's anatomy and personal preferences. Based on your single photograph alone, similar patients may choose chin augmentation with or without liposuction on the neck and jawline. Lower facelift or neck lift type procedures are required for those with excess skin. If you haven't already, then speak with a facelift plastic surgeon to review options with you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Just A Mini

As we age, the soft tissues of our face loosen and begin to descend. In the mirror, the first signs are loose skin and the formation of small jowls over the jaw line. 

For younger patients who are just beginning to exhibit these signs of aging, a mini face-lift can lift the soft tissue back into place and remove the excess saggy skin. This can often be accomplished through a small incision in front of and around the earlobe. Down time is a couple days and full recovery is usually about a week.

Many of our patients travel from around NYC/NJ to the Albany / Saratoga Springs area to avoid the high costs of surgery in the city. A mini facelift in our practice averages $7,000 to $8,000 and includes facility and anesthesia costs. 

See the link below for a real patient experience. 

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

What can i do for long lasting, natural looking results?

Thank you for your question. Aging is always happening to all of us, and as changes appear, regardless of age, you can speak with a plastic surgeon on the best options for your particular concerns.  Every patient is different, and we have lots of tools in our armamentarium. Based on your photo you would benefit from a facelift or mini facelift which are designed to improve signs of aging in the face and neck by tightening sagging muscles and smoothing wrinkled skin. When done by an expert this can an literally take 10 or more years from a patient's overall look. Best to set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Facial rejuvenation

Hello and thanks for posting your question and photo.

The first step to understanding the options that you have in improving the jawline is scheduling an appointment with a reputable  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. At such a consultation you will be able to review your observations about your area of concern and a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan should be presented to you. This can range anywhere from skin care regimens and fillers all the way to fall facelift procedures depending upon your desired results. 

Best wishes  in achieving your goals!

Mini facelift

A mini facelift can be a variety of different things and is provider dependent.  Some mini lifts are designed to last 3 years and others are designed to last 7-10 years.  The only way to figure out how long a lift will last is to ask the surgeon who performs it.  Mini facelifts costs vary depending on the surgeon and how long their lift lasts (as well as a variety of other factors such as reputation and training).  A good mini facelift from a reputable plastic surgeon should last 5-7 years. 

Generally, mini facelift incisions are shorter and recovery time lasts 10 days. There is no exercising the first week, however, by day 7, you should be able to wear makeup and exercise but there may still be some bruising. Cost is dependent on the area where you live. 

Walton Montegut, MD
Newport Beach Physician

Early jowling is best handled with what we refer to as a weekend lift

Based on your limited photographs it's difficult to give a perfect answer for this.Early jowling is best handled with what we refer to as a weekend lift or a mini lift. I've attached a video describing the different types of facelift procedures.

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon