I had breast lift & implants 20 years ago. They are now larger and they sag terribly. What can I do? (Photo)

I do not like the shape of them, and I think my Areola area is too big. I want them lifted and my Areola smaller with a much more flattering shape. I had my breast done in my mid 20s and now I'm in my mid 40s. I'm looking for a Doctor Who specializes in this and what would the cost be.

Breast lift revision surgery

Dear Sylvia444,
Breast lift revision with or without implant exchange is certainly an option to improve the shape of your breasts.  Costs can vary widely between surgeons and geographies.  Go for a few consultations with American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeons to get an idea of costs in your area.  Good luck!

I had breast lift & implants 20 years ago. They are now larger and they sag terribly. What can I do?

Thanks for your photographs.  I am sympathetic to you and feel that you do need a full secondary mastopexy with exchange of implants.  I recommend the use of an anchor pattern to taper the abundant excess skin present in the outer portion while narrowing your areolae diameter and trying to move them slightly laterally.
Meet with several ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options and review photographs of other patients.  Make sure that you are in good health at a stable maintainable weight and of course not smoking.
Cost of the surgery will vary depending upon your location but a ballpark would be between 10,000 and $15,000 including the cost of new implants, anesthesia and the operating room facility.  Good luck and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Revision

It looks like you could benefit from a lift and new implants. You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and pictures.Well, actually for 20 years later, they aren't too bad.  I assume you may have had some kids in between.  Even if not, gravity has taken effect and you would do quite well with a lift and possibly a smaller implant.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and your pictures. Based on your pictures, I believe that another breast lift will give you a better shape. With a breast lift, you can not only make your areolas smaller but you can remove extra skin. This will make your breasts perkier and firmer. When you are having a consultation, make sure you also determine what if any revision to your implants will help. It is difficult to asses by photographs, but you want to determine the size and location of the breast pocket, to see if revision of the implants or breast pockets will help you get the size and shape you want.