I had breast implants (420g) 9 days ago. I was a B cup, wanted a D/DD, but it looks like a C. Should I worry? (Photo)

I had breast implants (420g) 9 days ago. I was a B cup, wanted a D/DD, but it looks like a C. Should I worry?

Greetings 

Thank you for the photos and questions. You are still in the process of your recovery and you need time for healing and recovery. 3 to 6 months.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge

You are still in the infancy of your recovery. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months to see your final results. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photos. Cup size can not be predicted or promised as there is no standardization for sizing between bra manufacturers.

Having said that, at 9 days post op you will still have significant swelling and tightness which can compress and displace your implant volume- making them appear smaller. You will need to wait 2-6 months for your breasts to drop and fluff. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about your expected recovery timeline.

All th ebesdt

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Cup size after breast augmentation

At this stage of your post operative recovery its far too early to determine your final size.  Be patient and if you remain unhappy you can discuss your options down the track with your plastic surgeon.

Robert Drielsma, MBBS, BSc, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume and cup

Implant volumes do not always correlate to cup size, and at 9 days it is too early to see the final size.  

Best upon the poorly exposed posted photo appears as a D cup. P;lease re post better photos //////////

Breast implants

You are very early after surgery. It takes 4-6 months for the tissue to soften and the breast to shape up.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

No,you should not worry.  Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing after breast surgery. Given that you are very “fresh” out of surgery, it is quite likely that you are experiencing significant “emotional ups and downs” unnecessarily. In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months. Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.