Will my upper eyelid under my eyebrows tighten up more as I heal from my upper blepharoplasty? (photo)

upper blepharoplasty on July 12 ,peripheral vision improved 100% and first time you can see white on the outside corners of my iris .... upper lid on the outside corners under my brows is still pretty baggy and heavy. Hoping would tighten up as time went on and when I should expect my complete results ? Dr. said it should look almost like it did pre-surgery at 7 days and said it looked like it should on stitches removal day 1 week post op

Nice blepharoplasty but it does not lift the lateral eyebrow.

I suspect that you would benefit from a conservative brow lift.  That may have been part of the discussion with your surgeon.  For certain candidates, brow surgery with blepharoplasty is the right answer.  For some, it is just eyelid surgery that is needed. In looking a the before photos-you did have a heavy brow.  I would recommend healing about 6 months before considering additional surgery.

Post upper lid bleph

You are healing well from your surgery.  The heaviness that you have laterally may improve a little as the swelling heals.  However, you have a lot lateral brow.  If you elevate the temporal brow with either Botox or a surgical temporal browlift you should be able to improve the appearance of that area.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Takes time

You are still healing and the swelling and heaviness will continue to improve over time.Hang in there.

Heavy eyebrows

You may have some residual swelling in the upper lids, but the brows are low and therefore the lid fold above the crease will not change much, especially in the lateral location. A modest brow lift would eliminate some of the heaviness. Your blepharoplasty looks wonderful, and your surgeon was cautious not to tether the brows by taking too much skin which would limit the benefit of brow lift. Enjoy your eyelids and after 6 months, if the heaviness bothers you, consider further evaluation. Best wishes!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon