300g too much for non dense BR? 5.5/145lbs. I lost 75lbs & kept it off. Size didn't change, just got saggier. Now 32DDD (Photo)

Suffer the classic heavy breast symptoms: neck/back aches, even ulnar nerve issues. Approved for BR and insurance wants 300/200 g removed respectively. Yes, that's a relatively small amount but here is the kicker: my breasts consist of a LOT of saggy skin and are NOT DENSE at all. Was told that skin and fatty tissue don't weigh much, so I'm scared I'll end up too small and disproportionate. Based on the pic are my fears warranted? I don't want to be smaller than a full C. Thanks in advance.

Breast reduction volume

is difficult to determine the amount of breast tissue  that you need to have removed without properly examining you however removing approximate 300 g of breast tissue and doing a proper reduction/lift will give you a very nice result. It also depends on what size you ultimately want to be and that will also determine the amount of tissue that needs to be excised. I would recommend that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon for proper recommendations in person.

Breast reduction amount

You do have what appears to be a small frame and could benefit from breast reduction. During this procedure your surgeon can also perform a lift. The combination of these two procedures should help you achieve the appearance you are looking for. The reduction would not only reduce the size of your breasts but also correct any asymmetry (one breast larger than the other). If your concern is that your breasts would not be full enough or have a high enough upper curve, your surgeon can evaluate your current breast shape and volume of tissue, and include a lift to give you smaller yet full and "perky" breasts. By including a lift with the procedure, you can also assure correct nipple placement and appropriate areolar size.
It is impossible to give an exact amount of breast tissue that will be removed prior to the actual procedure. Many surgeons can estimate to let you know if they believe that you are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery and if insurance should cover it. It is also difficult to reduce breast tissue to an exact cup size. If you do consent to surgery, make sure that you are comfortable with the surgeon you have selected and that all of your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Good luck!

Breast Reduction Weights

Hello,You would need to be examined to see if 200 to 300 grams is a reasonable amount to remove. If your surgeon is an out of network provider, he may balance bill you if the insurance company either doesn't pay or pays far less then the surgeon billed. In the end, you may have symptoms, but  your breast reduction is a cosmetic procedure at heart, hence your concern about appearance.  This is also why it is becoming increasingly difficult to have insurance actually pay on this surgery anymore.  Knowing that, it is more important to have a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon who is a cosmetic breast specialist, and will perform the best, most aesthetically pleasing job possible.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS