Could my implant be shifting after just 4 days?

Im 4 days post opp and am worried that one breast is sliding into my armpit. They were placed under the muscle in the breast fold. I've been laying down a good Amount as I'm in a lot of pain. Waking up in the am is particularly bad and painful. My right side hurts more than the left and seems more swollen in the armpit area.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implants don't shift 4 days post-op

so if your implant is literally in your armpit, the pocket was made to generous.  Pain does not indicate shifting as its very normal to have different pains on each side while healing.  Allow yourself to recover first then when your surgeon says its okay to lay on your back with a bra, you can see how far they slide to the sides... and if excessive, you should bring it to the attention of your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast Implant Displacement

Healing will take weeks to months.  Your best resource is your plastic surgeon as he monitors your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast implant displacement problem?

It is unlikely that what you are describing is related to breast implant displacement; it  is much more likely that you are experiencing normal postoperative discomfort/swelling. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.