I am considering a mini face lift/neck lift; how do I find a good doctor in my area?

And should I consider other options before investing 7000.00 dollars

Take The Time To Find The Right Surgeon For Mini-Lift or Neck Lift

Neck lifts and mini-lifts are invasive surgical procedures that must be performed by a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who not only has sufficient training and experience but who understands your individual anatomy and makes you feel 100% confident and comfortable. Spend time researching potential candidates by reading their websites and looking at their before-after-photos. Schedule consultations with at least two or three surgeons so you can be sure you are making the best choice.

How do I find a good doctor in my area?

By getting a recommendation from someone who knows...
Two well-respected facial plastic surgeons in your area (which is replete with cosmetic surgeons -- the most per capita than anywhere in the country, believe it or not) are Dr. Steven Mobley and Dr. Paul Ward. You would do well to schedule a consultation with either or both of them. 
Best wishes!  Harry V.  Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift/mini facelift

I would recommend consultations with several physicians in your area who perform a large number of the procedures in which you have interest.  Check the physician's credentials, read reviews, and compare with advice given in other consultations.  In the end, go with the doctor that you feel the best about.  Good luck.

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering a mini face lift/neck lift; how do I find a good doctor in my area?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Conversely, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Mini Facelift

I would strongly recommend you consider several options before deciding on a facial procedure. Mini facelifts are usually just that, a mini procedure that gives you mini results. The last enterprise I am aware of that offered a facelift for the amount you listed did a "mini" procedure in a couple of hours with minimal anesthesia. They eventually went out of business because they got no referrals from their patients as the results were not what people expected and really did not rejuvenate the face and neck adequately and the results were not long lasting. There are a number of procedures that can provide excellent results with less invasion, but you have to be very careful to be sure what you are going to get. (See TodaysFacelift.com)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

I suggest researching and consulting with several board certified surgeons in your area before choosing a physician. A formal assessment is needed to for evaluation and to discuss treatment options. An alternative to a neck lift is VASER/ThermiRF combination to get great results with very little downtime. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lower face and neck lift candidate

In our practice, we rarely perform a mini lift due to the fact that they give mini results. The realself.com platform is  an excellent way to find a facelift surgeon. A full set of photographs are required to make a determination about what may or may not be required.  In our practice, the goal of a lower face and neck lift is to lift the jowls, remove the fatty deposits in the neck, tighten loose facial and neck skin, and tighten loose facial and neck muscles. It's very important to find a surgeon who can give natural results. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

This is a very common question.  A lot goes in to making that decision - and, to be honest, a lot of that is personal in nature.  First of all, what are you looking to accomplish? Often times, a minilift procedure alone may not be enough to achieve what you are looking to achieve.  You may need ancilliary procedures such as fat grafting, etc.  Second, have you had any previous procedures? It is important to know both non-surgical and surgical if you have had any in the past as this may change the procedure performed.  
I suggest you start your research the way most people do (and, honestly, probably the best) - if you have any friends who have had any procedures done, ask them how they felt about the procedure and if they would recommend their doctor to you.  Word of mouth is the best advertising.  You would be surprised at how many great doctors there are all over the country who do not even have websites! That being said, go online.  Look at doctors in the area, both Plastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic Specialists.  Read about their treatment philosophies.  Call their front office.  Make sure that you have a good feeling about where you are consulting.  If you do not "feel it", don't waste your time consulting.  
Best of luck. I hope some of this helps!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon