What can I do to get rid of deep wrinkles in my neck? (Photo)

I have had deep creases in my neck since I was a baby and they have bothered me my entire life. I am now 24 and ready to do something about it. Is there anything I can do or use to get rid of them? I heard of a Juvederm or botox.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. Surgery is not recommended for the horizontal lines, especially for a woman your age. Injectables and fillers may be most effective to address the deep neck creases so I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep neck creases

Deep horizontal creases of the neck in what appears to be a relatively young individual without a lot of excess skin laxity are due to flexion creases in the cervical skin where the skin has less fat than the skin above and below the creases. There have been articles and studies addressing this issue.  It was once thought that undermining the skin would help and it does for a short period of time,  Botox and fillers are only temporary but can also be effective.  Lasers have not been particularly effective. There are not a great deal of long term studies or solutions.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerned with neck creases.

The neck creases are a flexion crease of your neck.  They are there because there is less fat under that area of the skin than in other areas of your neck.  I am not aware of any reliable techniques which eliminates these creases, in spite of attempts by surgery, non-invasive measures, etc.  Adding a filler of some type may be helpful, but this should be addressed with your plastic surgeon after an examination.