Is Voluma worth it?

Ive heard from several friends that most need 2-3 syringe of voluma to see a real difference and the price is absurdly high. A lot of times there are juverderm ultra plus and it seems to do the job, and the technique of the Dr. is really what matters. Thoughts? (flatter cheeks)

Voluma worthwhile

Voluma is an excellent alternative to currently used fillers. We use it for restoring mid face volume in the cheek that had previously been difficult to enhance. We have seen great results lasting 12 months and more.
I would suggest you discuss your concern regarding your prior treatment with a dermatologist that has experience with Voluma. We do use it with other fillers used in different areas. We do not use under eyes nor do we recommend this .

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for cheek augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Voluma is a great product to provide more definition and lift to the cheeks.  Every patient will have their own individual needs and the technique is extremely important to help maximize amount of lifting and shaping using the least amount of product.  I conduct many train many injectors on some advance techniques and find that most patients can see a noticeable change with 1-2 syringes of Voluma.  I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who can help conduct a thorough assessment and develop an overall treatment plan for you.

Voluma for facial soft tissue filling

I've been using Voluma since its introduction and its become my go-to filler for the midface. I use a supra-periosteal (on the bone) injection technique, and have found the filler to be long lasting. 

Amount of Voluma

The amount of product needed is unique to each patient.  A consultation with an experienced injector is always recommended prior to treatment.  Goals for treatment and different options available should be among the topics discussed.  Sometimes different types of fillers are used in different areas of the face to produce the desired outcome.  

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma Results and Happiness

It all depends on your starting point. Voluma works great, my suggest is a formal consultation to see what you truly need.  Often Ill do Voluma in combination with Sculptra to get even more long term results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is Voluma Worth It?

Hi Xoxo,

There is no other facial filler that has the "Magic" effect of immediate and long lasting natural facial rejuvenation.  Voluma by itself is not worth it, Voluma in the hands of an injecting physician with the skill, experience, knowledge, and natural artistic vision,  is worth it's weight in gold.  There is not a fixed number of syringes used in "most" patients.  I believe in conservative use of 1-2 syringes at the first treatment.  More can be added as needed.  Though the initial cost of Voluma is more than other fillers, it lasts much longer, and we charge patients for their beautiful natural rejuvenated result, not by the syringe.  As with all facial aesthetic treatments, please make sure to choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD
Encino, CA 

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is worth it!

Voluma is my favorite filler to work with - but the results are subtle and in some cases almost subliminal.  The difference between the facial architecture of an 18 year-old vs. a 60 year-old is actually really small, but our eyes notice the difference right away.  Voluma helps us turn back the hands on the clock.  However, the results often aren't that obvious - people say they look better but sometimes they're not sure quite why.  Showing a patients results 1/2 way through the procedure with a mirror really shows off the changes.

An experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon knows how to inject Voluma properly to achieve home-run outcomes.  The product is expensive, but it lasts longer than most other fillers and it's costly to make. 

Hope that helped!

J. Matthew Knight, MD
Orlando Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for cheeks

Hi, Voluma is definitely more pricey and it is true that with most fillers, if you are looking for a major noticeable difference, anywhere from 2-4 syringes may be required.  But if you are looking at this purely from a cost perspective, then keep in mind that Voluma will last closer to 2 years compared to Juvederm UP.  So double the cost and time of Juvederm UP and you will see if may make sense to go with Voluma from the get go.  The results are injector dependant.   Discussing your needs and wants with your provider will give you the best results.  I have done 2 syringes of voluma for the lift and then added a syringe of juvederm UP for the flatter aspects of the cheeks to help save some cost for patients.  A combination of things are generally done by providers.  So until you go out and discuss it, you will be left guessing what makes most sense for you.  Good luck!

Voluma

Every patient needs a different amount of filler to accomplish results, depending on the degree of volume depletion, tissue descent, individual anatomy, and the desired result.  It is true that technique is probably the most important factor in achieving results, however Voluma has the advantage in that it is more cohesive then Juvederm Ultra Plus, so it has better lifting capability. It also has been reported in studies to last up to twice as long as Juvederm, which increases its relative value.  Make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, and he/she will help you understand exactly which fillers and how much will be necessary to accomplish your desired result.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Voluma injection technique

Dear Xoxo423
there are definite differences among the various fillers that are on the market. Voluma without a doubt has better lifting properties than juvederm UP. That being said...the injection technique of the doctor is equally if not more important in achieving good outcomes. 
You should ask your doctor why he prefers Voluma and ask to see some before and after photos of his patients 
all the best 
Dr M

Manolis Manolakakis, DMD
Shrewsbury Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon