Can oblong nostrils become circular again after the swelling?

I am 2 1/2 months into my open rhinoplasty. My nostrils seem way too oblong and was wondering if this is because of swelling??

Oblong nostrils after swelling

Thanks for your question.  At 2 ½ months, it is still pretty early in the postoperative period to see the final results.  I would wait a little bit longer for the nose to heal before making any final judgements about the nostril size or shape.  I hope this helps. 

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD