Can i return to work 5 days post op?

Will it be posible for me to return to work 5 days post op. I want to get vaser lipo on my mid abdomen lower abdomen and love handles. I am a 37 year old male. Do weight lifting. Not really muscular but evenly built. I weigh 212 and im 5,9. I am a surgical tech. And do a lot of running around at work. Always on my feet. Will i be able to return to work 5 days post op.

Returning to Work 5 Days Post Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Some studies show that there is less injury to the body with Vaser than with traditional #liposuction. Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is based on the level of soreness and bruising experienced by the patient. But, it can vary among patients. As with traditional liposuction, there are no large incisions  or effect on the muscle and other underlying tissue. Therefore, #healing time may be less than anticipated by most. Therefore, Vaser patients may experience less #pain or discomfort, #swelling (#edema) and bruising post procedure due to the nature of the technique.  

A quicker #recovery for a patient may be two to three weeks without any strenuous activity. This includes the short period of suggested rest of 12-24 hours soon following the procedure. #Exercise and activity are contingent on how the patient feels. Mild activity is not likely to hinder recovery or healing or create problems with recovery.  However, it is recommended to acquire your doctor's permission to do so. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!

After one to three days, you should be able to return to work. As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. 
If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined. 

Post Operative VASER Liposuction Care

I suggest speaking to your physician.  The majority of my patients return after a weekend to work, however, hi definition contouring requires more downtime.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post-lipo recovery

I don't think its a good idea to return to work before 10 days. Can you, yes, but it is not a good idea. You will develop delayed drainage or lymphatic recovery along with high risk for developing indentations, irregularities and folds over the treatment area. 

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Returning to work five or six days after liposuction

If you can return to work after six days, then you can probably return to work after five days as well. 

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD