Lipoma removed on my forehead but bump still exists? (Photo)

Dear Doctors, I have removed the lipoma on my forehead for about 3 weeks now. There are still a bump there and the bump is also kind of soft. Is this normal? Will it go down? or there are chances it was not removed all the way? Any kind of professional opinion would be appreciated. Thanks

Bump after lipoma removal

There are several possibilities.  From most likely to least likely.

1) Some resolving bruising from the time of surgery

2) A small seroma

3) Remaining lipoma - this can sometimes occur if it was multilobulated or located under the frontalis muscle

I would advise you get a review by your surgeon.  1 and 2 should settle but 3 won't.

Hull Plastic Surgeon

Lipoma removed on my forehead but bump still exists?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I can see your area of concern.  After three weeks this is unlikely to be due to swelling and I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  This bump is either a discrete fluid collection - seroma or hematoma - or remaining lipoma material.  Hope this helps.

Bump After Lipoma Removal

This may be fluid which can give the appearance of the lump coming back. Follow up with your surgeon. If it bothers you then the fluid can be aspirated.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon