I accidentally squeezed my nose 9 days post op?

I had an Alar base reduction 9 days and had the sutures removed on the 6th day. Today I accidentally squeezed my nose tip and it bled a little from the inside. Do you think it will damage it?

Post op rhinoplasty

It is difficult to say if any damage was done--- certainly it is possible since it had only been 9 days post op.  I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and explain what happened.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postop alar base reduction

Dear Marlonlim25

• It is really common for people to accidentally bump the nose after rhinoplasty, but uncommon that it affects the final outcome.  
  • it's a good idea to contact your surgeon's office and request a followup

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injury to post rhinoplasty

Hopefully there was no damage done.  Definitely see your surgeon so that they can assess and institute corrective measures!

Brent Moelleken, MD